funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so heres the deal.I had Softmii and preloader installed on 3.2.I then got the smartass idea to update to 4.0.The homebrew channel still works and so does backup launcher ect.Im using Cios rev 8.I want to get the new preloader on my 4.0.What are the steps i need to take?

CopyCaet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just get the new preloader and install it from the HBC. Maybe you have to install an older IOS36 with wad manager before preloader will install. That's all.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?Ok so i just place the boot.dol in a foler called preloader in my apps folder.Then i place hacks.ini?Is that all i have to do?

CopyCaet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup that's all. Just like the previous version. Keep in mind that it may not install untill you installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wadmanager. At least, this was the case for me.

@flat; Preloader does work on 4.0. A new version was released earlier today, preloader 0.29.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah i've just seen the board is playing up for me tonight I keep getting page timeouts, i've just seen 0.29.

I guess im going to make the jump to 4.0 now too from 3.2E now theres some form of brick protection.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no they dont skifield.I just did it and it worked out wonderfully
smile.gif

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) is the hacks.ini included in the download for PAL?
i just installed it on my NTSC Wii. am i in trouble?

2) the only hack i see in the menu is Block Disc Update.

3) i have the issue where the drive still spins after the Wii is off. i had a backup of MadWorld in that
kept spinning when the Wii was off. that was the only game i tested though.

NickPDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to install Preloader .29 and I got an error "Failed to get ROOT, current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fix" ... I assume that it means that I need to install the "old version of IOS36-64-v1042.wad as CopyCaet has said. My problem is that every time I go to try to install anything with wad manager I get an "error -1035". Anybody know how I get past this?

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea where to find IOS36-64-v1042.wad that isn't a torrent site? Google on comes up with torrents. You would think that this site would have it somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.