Hacking Help a complete newb out please?

1man1dream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I've been using the EZ iv lite for the past few months, but I've suddenly reaslised there was a ton of things that I could do that I never knew about. Could someone please elaborate on these questions:

1.Can I play games online without any special patches?
2.How do I load new skins onto my DS and apply them?
3.How do I get the program that allows my DS to play music and mp4s, and are there any risks in using it?

thank you all so much
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, I've been using the EZ iv lite for the past few months, but I've suddenly reaslised there was a ton of things that I could do that I never knew about. Could someone please elaborate on these questions:

1.Can I play games online without any special patches?
2.How do I load new skins onto my DS and apply them?
3.How do I get the program that allows my DS to play music and mp4s, and are there any risks in using it?

thank you all so much
smile.gif

1. As long as you patch the rom using the client tool, you should be able to play online. Online generally works with all cards.
2. I'm not an expert on EZ products (never owned one myself), but I believe the EZIV (not the DS itself) is skinnable. Try searching in this forum.
3. The most popular program is called Moonshell. It allows you to play certain music files, and videos in .dpg format. There should be no risk in playing them, but there may be a risk in downloading movies (Just got emailed by Paramount Pictures who caught me seeding one of their films on torrents)

1man1dream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1. As long as you patch the rom using the client tool, you should be able to play online. Online generally works with all cards.
2. I'm not an expert on EZ products (never owned one myself), but I believe the EZIV (not the DS itself) is skinnable. Try searching in this forum.
3. The most popular program is called Moonshell. It allows you to play certain music files, and videos in .dpg format. There should be no risk in playing them, but there may be a risk in downloading movies (Just got emailed by Paramount Pictures who caught me seeding one of their films on torrents)

Yes I've heard that ezflash was skinnable, but I have absolutely no idea how to skin it, is there a program or is it just drag and drop etc?

I've heard that moonshell was corrupt and could brick your ds? =/

Thanks for the response, and have a happy easter
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum