Hacking Help! 3DS black screen!

SoulEater98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using the guide to install a9lh on my old 3ds, when I was in the menu of Decrypt9 to install the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer, it said install failed, I reset the 3ds and now it just stays on a black screen. Is there any way to fix this?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using the guide to install a9lh on my old 3ds, when I was in the menu of Decrypt9 to install the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer, it said install failed, I reset the 3ds and now it just stays on a black screen. Is there any way to fix this?
two problems:

you probably used an older Decrypt9WIP by accident. in the future, make sure the tools are up to date first.

when it says it failed, your first reaction should not to be to reboot. now it can only be fixable with hardmod. do you have any NAND dumps from this system?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a hardmod to recover.

You should've retried the ctrtransfer until it succeeded.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

SoulEater98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two problems:

you probably used an older Decrypt9WIP by accident. in the future, make sure the tools are up to date first.

when it says it failed, your first reaction should not to be to reboot. now it can only be fixable with hardmod. do you have any NAND dumps from this system?

I used the latest version of Decrypt9WIP, yes I do have a NAND dump.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need a hardmod to recover.

You should've retried the ctrtransfer until it succeeded.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

I never thought about just retrying, since it said "failed" I just figured it didn't write anything to the sysnand and rebooted...

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I never thought about just retrying, since it said "failed" I just figured it didn't write anything to the sysnand and rebooted...

But why would you reboot if the only thing you had to do was to press B to go back to the menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.