NULL

Help. 3ds Auto shutsdown with popping sound, speaker flex cable is good.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by vastrolorde, Mar 5, 2018.

1. vastrolorde
    OP

vastrolorde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2015
    United States
    My 3ds now doesnt boot up, it auto shutsdown with a popping sound, but apparently the speaker flex ribbon cable is in good condition, because when i replace with a different motheboard, the 3dsxl boots up. so i guess the problem is on the motherboard. all fuses are good and having continuity.. anyone having the same problem??:(:(

2. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    Well I've had the same problem and diagnosing it seems to be hit or miss. I'm actually waiting on parts to do a motherboard swap myself but my mistake was breaking the black ZIF connectors during disassembly and somehow damaging a contact on the flex cable that provides power to the rest of the board. You've diagnosed that the problem comes down to the motherboard but are you certain that nothing on it was damaged?

3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Look at your connector. I have destroyed mine 3DS by badly connecting the ribbon and destroying the connector (bending few wires inside).

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Mar 5, 2018
  4. vastrolorde
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2015
    United States
    at first i also think the zif connector on either top or bottom lcd. but i cant see any physical problem when i check it using a digital microscope.

5. Virdoo

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Did you found solution on it? Mine has the same problem and cabel seems to be alright. Also make sure to turn it on while pressing and holding left down edge of the screen. Right next to the hinge, this helps me to keep screen on and without shutting down. Is it the same for you?

6. Jahhhhhh

Jahhhhhh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2015
    had this problem earlier, after an hour of assembling and disassembling two units, it turns out my bottom LCD is dead :D

7. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Are all ribbons properly connected? Blue light and the speaker pop means a component is not passing boot check.

8. vastrolorde
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2015
    United States
    Yes all ribbon are properly connected. im just wandering why if i switched to another motherboard, and using the same lcd and all. it boots properly. so i think its the motherboard that has problem.

9. 16megabytes

16megabytes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2018
    Philippines
    i kinda have the same issue, though in my case i have isolated it due to the sd card. have you tried booting up the unit with (a) no sd card inserted, or (b) with sd card inserted?