Hello!

onefallinghope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my name is Bill. I've been lurking for a few weeks, and I finally decided to join.

I was born in 1977 and I have been gaming pretty much since then. I have a pretty vast collection of consoles ranging from an Atari Pong, to a Magnavox Oddyessy (with speech module), all the way up to a PS3 and 360.. I've got a modded original xbox (Xecuter 3) and a modded Gamecube (ViperGC)

and I just picked up a Supercard DSTWO for my DS Lite. So far, so good!!

My only complaint so far is StellaDS... not sure if I've got it installed wrong or what, I've got StellaDS stored in my NDS Games folder on root, and my 2600 ROMS stored in a folder called "StellaDS" (there are 1,014 ROMS in that folder)

When I launch StellaDS and click "Load Cartridge" I select the folder with my ROMS in it and it literally takes about three minutes for the folder to open, then I can select a ROM and play it (it seems kind of slow, but it works) and then when i try to use any of the "console" switches or click "Load Cartridge" again, it freezes and I have to power cycle my DS Lite.

Anyway, WELCOME!! This is one hell of a community here!

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe instead of having 1 folder you should break up the games into separate folders like # folder, A-C folder, D-F Folder, etc. So the DS doesn't haven't to try to see a zillion files at once. Never messed with StellaDS though, but it may help in the 3 minute loading?

Reactions: onefallinghope

onefallinghope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe instead of having 1 folder you should break up the games into separate folders like # folder, A-C folder, D-F Folder, etc. So the DS doesn't haven't to try to see a zillion files at once. Never messed with StellaDS though, but it may help in the 3 minute loading?

I did split up the ROMS into several folders and it runs much better now! The emulation is still very slow though.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe the DSTwo Linux can help you with the Atari2600 emu better.
It's making a lot of progress and it's very promising (Iirc the Atari emu on Dingux is also pretty neat)

Anyway welcome to the Temp~

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did split up the ROMS into several folders and it runs much better now! The emulation is still very slow though.

yeah you have to realize how underpowered the DS really is. from what I read that emulator is rather slow in everyones case. sorry, most of the DStwo stuff works but runs pretty poorly (not their fault just hard to get proper emulation to run right on anything). I do not know a whole lot about the emulators out there outside of the NES and SNES ones for the DStwo, but I think that all of them run fairly poorly FPS wise. Is there any frameskip options in the Stella one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia