Hello

Southie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everyone
Just started modding My son's Wii, Please be patient with this old geezer when asking really stupid questions
unsure.gif
blink.gif

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBtemp.net!

If you need questions, ask me. I'm like a general homebrew games guru.

How are you modding your son's Wii? Modchips? The Homebrew Channel?

Homebrew: Home-made games for various systems.
Modchips: Hardware designed to edit the already existing hardware on a motherboard.
The Homebrew Channel: A homebrew Wii Channel that can be installed in many ways: Allows for booting of homebrew in the form of .dols and .elfs.
.dol/.elf: Files used by various Wii homebrew launchers to play homebrew.
Homebrew Launchers: These launch Homebrew in various ways such as The Twillight Hack, The Homebrew Channel, or BannerBomb.
The Twilight Hack: An exploit in Nintendo's Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess can be used only for System Menu 3.X and under. It invloves downloading a save for your region, copying it to the Wii, and then starting up the second save file. The save works by having Link's name changed to a long code, which If the person in front of you when you start tries to pronounce it or you exit the level which will read the code. It will then load the boot.dol or boot.elf file that is in the root of your front Wii SD Card.
BannerBomb: A Wii "Channel" that when you try to copy it to the Wii it will instead load a loader for .dols and .elfs.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
anaxs said:
welcome

i hope ur not too old

Why?
blink.gif

QUOTE(Southie @ Jul 17 2009, 07:34 AM)
Hi Everyone
Just started modding My son's Wii, Please be patient with this old geezer when asking really stupid questions
unsure.gif
blink.gif

He said he was an old geezer. Maybe he just wanted to check if it isn't serious.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he asked, Mitchell.

and hello thar, new guy. just remember, if you look through old threads for information before asking for help then your responses will be much better!

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advice Dog said:
I don't think he asked, Mitchell.

and hello thar, new guy. just remember, if you look through old threads for information before asking for help then your responses will be much better!

So?!

Advice Dog just doesn't want me giving out his advice
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1