Hello there, I just joined this forum. I found my PS vita first time 2 years, FW 3.18

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Funguy25, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Funguy25
    OP

Funguy25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    I had a hacked psp that ran emulators, but I never tried and I forgot about my ps vita for years. Now its out, fully charged and I am trying to find guides, but it seems they are all for 3.20+ versions. I can't find any specific and I am afraid of downloading wrong files and messing up my emulator installs. So as of right now I have a psp with 3.18 all stock, internet disabled.

I don't know what emulators are really out there, but looking for gameboy/advanced and N64 if possible, psp / ps1 emulators. (let me know if any of them blow ass). Anyone have a link to specific guide/download for 3.18 files? I keep finding specific guides for after mine.

Last edited by Funguy25, Jun 22, 2016
  2. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    My guide wasn't made just for 3.20+ versions. In fact, all of my tutorials will work on 3.18, including a feature that is unique only to 3.18 and lower! :D
    You will want to set up the email exploit from Tutorial 1 of that guide, then you should go on to install TN-V or ARK if you want to play every PSP game and homebrew at full speed. (Actually, TN-V acts just like a PSP with CFW, only it's on your Vita!)

TN-V also allows you to play PS1 games converted to EBOOTs, however it's not something it can run the said PS1 games at full speed, and there is a more reliable PS1 emulation that I haven't written up yet, but you can find here at the moment.
    It will also allow you to install and run your N64/GBA emulators from your old hacked PSP.

If you have any more questions/queries, don't hesitate to ask. :)

3. Funguy25
    OP

Funguy25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    Not going to lie. This is difficult. I've downloaded all 3 files, what is QCMA savedata directory? I connect ps vita to pc, and it says could not connect, so maybe if I could get it to connect I wouldn't be having an issue im assuming. When I go to computers/I see vita, i click on it. its empty inside. Its not letting me gain access to my files. I am on a y500 with windows 8. Not sure whats going on. I will have to try this later because I can't get my pc to access the directory of the vita. >.<

1) Download the Savedata and PBOOT.PBP for your choice of menu:

VHBL - Download
    TN-V (3.5X) - Download
    TN-V (1.00-3.36) - Download

2a) Extract the contents of your downloaded zip file. Place the VHBL01234, TNV, or TNV_00000 folder into your QCMA savedata directory.
    As for the PBOOT you can send it with Thunderbird. Just rename the PBOOT.PBP to "#0" (without quotes), attach it to the email, set the email subject to "ux0:Pspemu/PSP/GAME/Basegame's TITLE ID/PBOOT.PBP" (without quotes), and send the email with the #0 (PBOOT.PBP) attachment.

4. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Well, first of all, do you have QCMA installed? The normal Content Manager will not work for transferring certain files in savedata (which are needed for hacking) therefore you need to use QCMA instead, which bypasses these limits.

After you have installed QCMA, run it - and then assuming you are using Windows, in the bottom right icon tray, right-click the Vita icon and go to settings, and configure the "other" tab as follows: (I have configured it for your firmware, make sure you use this.) (Also, this is configured for USB connections only)

upload_2016-6-23_15-21-15.png

By the way, Vita hacking is going to be a very tricky process anyway; you have to really know what you are doing!

EDIT: Before I forget, the QCMA Savedata directory is located at "C:\Users\USER\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\".

Last edited by Voxel, Jun 23, 2016
  5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The PS Vita folder is empty for me :-/ I also have a 3.18 Vita attempting to follow your guide.