Hacking Hello :) M3 Card Reader not working in vista?

Amyrosie

I'm trying!! :-)
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone! I just got my M3 Real today with my micro-sd card. The thing is, it doesn't work. When I plug the adapter in my computer, it asks for a driver...but I can't find it anywhere...Does anyone knows what to do? Thanks a lot!

gcstr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My flash card and the m3real adaptor worked fine - just plugged it into my windows vista premium pc and all was fine. I didn't need to download/install drivers it just said found new hardware and went and did it's thing.

try a different usb port

jaygee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My flash card and the m3real adaptor worked fine - just plugged it into my windows vista premium pc and all was fine. I didn't need to download/install drivers it just said found new hardware and went and did it's thing.

try a different usb port

same here.. or just use the sd caed adapter that your micro sd card came in and use the card reader on your computer instead

Amyrosie

I'm trying!! :-)
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

try a different usb port

same here.. or just use the sd caed adapter that your micro sd card came in and use the card reader on your computer instead

You won't believe me, I did, and it didn't work either...I'm pissed now lol..Stupid HP laptop...

jaygee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

try a different usb port

You won't believe me, I did, and it didn't work either...I'm pissed now lol..Stupid HP laptop...

your sd card could be the problem

jaygee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

try a different usb port

your sd card could be the problem

lcdec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother left his reader plug in for like a hour to copy over some roms and it got overheated and fried. The red light in the reader doesn't even light up anymore. Anyways don't leave it in your pc too long and just use a microsd reader if your reader breaks.

Shadow_Jean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you format using FAT32 under Vista? I'm getting my M3 Simply next week andi t would be nice. In case it doesn't, I have an Ubuntu live CD...

Acester47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I just got my M3 Real today with my micro-sd card. The thing is, it doesn't work. When I plug the adapter in my computer, it asks for a driver...but I can't find it anywhere...Does anyone knows what to do? Thanks a lot!

Help me! I googled for this and it brought me to this forum!

I have vista home premium 64 bit, and here's my issue.

I have an M3 Simply. It came with a use micro SD reader. Vista says that it's unable to use the device, unless it has a driver.. Is there any fix? I really, REALLY need help! I looked all around, and only come back to this post! Pleaseeee help
cry.gif

Shadow_Jean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if the included reader doesn't have a Vista X64 drivers...

And FYI, Vista X64 drivers are usually only from known manufacturer and popular products right now. The included adapter is probably from a unknown brand and only has drivers for WinXP 32bits.

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My brother left his reader plug in for like a hour to copy over some roms and it got overheated and fried. The red light in the reader doesn't even light up anymore. Anyways don't leave it in your pc too long and just use a microsd reader if your reader breaks.

i think i've done the same on my mac. it worked fine a couple of weeks. left it plugged in and then it just stopped working. dealextreme were kind enough to send a replacement of my choice.

Acester47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump, I fixed it

Put in the reader, the found new hardware wizard pops up

click locate the driver, specify location

specify this folder: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore

Click ok, it should install correctly. If it asks for any more drivers (mine did) just keep using that folder.
woot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.