Hacking Hello, I wonder when we will have a nintendo 3ds emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TunSorar

OP
Trophies
XP
Okay guys, I'm new here. And I just want to know that when there would be a nintendo 3ds emulator.
I want to play yugioh zexal clash duel carnival on 3ds emulator as a rom.
İf you answer me, I will be happy, thanks.
Sorry for my bad english.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thanks for the answer, but I thought it can be this year or on 2014, but its too late.Also what they need to make an 3ds emulator?

They gotta know how the 3DS works? I really don't know but the 3DS gotta be fully hacked that's for sure, it's gonna take a while + we need a smart brain to make it possible to emulate it on PC
People say that the only guy that could make that happen is the one who made NO$GBA, i think he hacked the DS or something.

balariel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You realize this game isn't even out in Japan yet, let alone any English-speaking countries? Your best bet for the foreseeable future would be to play something like Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2011 on DeSmuME.

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay guys, I'm new here. And I just want to know that when there would be a nintendo 3ds emulator.

When a emulator is made, almost everything about the system is known, and people know exactly how the system works.
That's why we are waiting for a kernel mode hack (well there is one, but it's not released); so that we can see how the system work's, and what functions it has.
This way, libraries are also made. And for a emulator: i also think 5-10 years like GamerzHell said, maybe it will take even longer.
But as for now: if you really MUST play 3DS games pirated, go buy a Gateway 3DS.
It only hold's 1 rom per sd as for now, but hey it's something!

Tizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

I must say I'm sorry for the way some people are answering here. The thing is, in order to create an emulator people need to know how the console works and in order for it to work they need to hack it. So far, it hasn't been officially hacked - some people claim to have hacked the 3DS, but nothing's out in the open. Once the 3DS is hacked, which might happen either tomorrow or in five years, it should take at least two more until a proper working emulator is out, so I wouldn't really expect a reliable 3DS emulator to hit the net before 2015.

Also, any sites claiming to have 3DS/Xbox360/PS3 emulators are scams and out to get your money.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBA Temp. Don't be disappointed because of all the mean posts, it happens so that you just asked a question that had been asked before.

As of now, there are no 3DS emulators. We have a long journey complete before we get that.

As Tizzy said, any emulators you find on the internet are fake.

Next time, try using the search, on google or GBATemp.

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Tizzy said, any emulators you find on the internet are fake.
'

^This^ It's also most likely to be infected with some sort of ad/malware. I've seen like 25 different sites claiming to have a "Flawless 3DS Emulator" They also apparently sell Flashcards that play 3DS Roms, and they're not talking about the Gateway...

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
no$gba started emulate nds since 2005. not really playable.
no$gba started researching dsi on 2013.

so ds is takes 9 years. 4 years to make them playable. so 3DS will be double.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I estimate 1 to 3 years for the 3DS to be fully hacked, plus 2-3 years for a playable emulator to be created. The emulator itself won't be too difficult to create once the system is hacked cause modern gaming PCs are literally 1000 times more powerful than the 3DS so even if the emulator is very low-efficiency, it'll still be able to run.

Total time to playable emulation is 3 to 6 years.

So yeah, it's going to be a while. (Unless someone manages to get into Nintendo's servers and leak technical documentation about the 3DS, which is unlikely)

TunSorar

OP
Trophies
XP
Thanks for your answers, I just want to play yugioh zexal clash duel carnival on my nintendo 3ds. But I cant do that because of region locks, so what can I do about this?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your answers, I just want to play yugioh zexal clash duel carnival on my nintendo 3ds. But I cant do that because of region locks, so what can I do about this?

Your best bet on this is to buy a Gateway3DS. This nifty lil' cart has the function "Region spoofing" thus allowing you to play "out of region" 3DS Romzzz. Thing is, the cart itself is expensive. Somewhere between 70 and 90USD.

http://www.gateway-3ds.com

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either Gateway, buy the retail game, or wait until another hack is released. Those 3DS emulators you see on the net are fake and are a way for scammers to make some extra cash at your disposal. I mean, they said it worked "Fully" and "Flawlessly" and at full speed. They are full of shit. If you see a video of it flying around on YT, make sure to flag or report it so others don't fall for it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs