pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Which is why everyone should be following the plaitec guide at this point IMHO. You can even just stick with emunand and menuhax and call it a day after part 3 of the plaitec guide if you really want to.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of talented guide writers on here and mrmario's video guides are excellent but having multiple guides all over the place just increases the element of risk really.
Yup that's what I have been telling people.

Reactions: BloodRose

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always leave my system in sleep mode. So in my case, I don't need a9lh
Look, do it, don't do it. It's your choice, nobody cares it's completely upto you and won't effect our lives at all. Just don't get spouting false facts that it's dangerous.

The only thing dangerous about it is the person at the controls and their illiteracy.

It's a perfectly safe method if you are able to read a sentence correctly and I would like to thank pialect for his trouble to jot it all down

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh nice. The condescending tone. I'm sure I'm way more qualified than you. Plus I don't need to unbrick my sysnand because I'm not messing with it at all. All I need is to boot into emunand and play.

You might think everyone has 3 hours to spare out of our day which is filled with kids, a wife, a day job and school. Most of the people who have time to spend 3 hours to do this nonsense are usually teens who live a home, or social degenerates.

Since you want to get all condescending.. There you go.

Like I said, I don't think it's worth spending over 10 thousand seconds to save 8 every time you boot up your 3ds.

That joke. "More qualified". "More qualified" to fail how to read a guide ? More qualified to talk about things you obviously don't know using some random statistics ? You, for sure, are. You will mess with your NAND at some point, if you update SysNAND instead of EmuNAND by being careless for example, which could happens to you, because, you know, you don't have time (then don't buy a 3DS, if you don't have time).

Maybe I don't have 3 hours to dedicate to it. Maybe you're one of those teens or social jackasses

I am 19, preparing a CS degree while working as Sysadmin for a company, have a girlfriend, so I wouldn't considering myself as social jackass, I pretty much enjoy my life. I also have some time for my hobbies, and hacking my devices are one of them.
But you are talking about stranger's life here, just because you are running out of arguments. Want to talk about your life ? Fine. If you don't have any spare time for your hobbies, then maybe YOU have a problem with your life here, not us. I'm sure you know you're wrong, you're just too stubborn and dumb to recognize it.

Last edited by GBHAKC75,
Reactions: yusuo and pbanj

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To the op PLEASE PLEASE ignore the newcomer who has not even the slightest clue what he's talking about please and listen to people who actually have experience with a9lh. Listening to someone who is too scared of bricks and is a newcomer with like 10 posts is step one to making a big mistake lol.

Pilatecs guide is top notch and if followed will 99.9% NOT BRICK. I have done 13 o3ds and 4 n3ds not a single one gave me errors. The tools are all stable and everything works perfect. Just TAKE YOUR TIME and if you have any problems just pm and I'll help.

Ps: @yardie using a poll made on gbatemp voted on mostly by people who did Brick , since 95% of people who didnt wouldn't bother even going into a brick thread. Maybe next time learn how the world works just MY 17 positive votes would make your "poll" results garbage, let alone the 100s of other successful people who didn't vote. also before you come to our community and spread misinformation, lies, and insults try to read and learn first, you might not look like such a tool.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Hi guys I just traded my psvita with a new 3ds xl. I got some games also, so far I love the system (minus the screen resolution)!!

Anyways, it's on 10.4.0-29 firmware. What can u do with it? I mean can I downgrade and put a cfw or something else. Sorry for the noob question and thanks in advance.
Use this guide for downgrading your 3DS, without installing A9LH.
Use this guide for downgrading + arm9loaderhax, which is the fastest and the best way to load CFW on your 3DS. This will make you downgrade once more, though.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually installing a9lh means that the device is far more child-friendly to use than a console running menuhax.
True story. I setup a9lh on three systems for me and my kids because there is basically no way they could break it. Menuhax is easier but there are way to many things that can go wrong. Especially for a 6 and 7 year old.
Maybe I don't have 3 hours to dedicate to it. Maybe you're one of those teens or social jackasses
I have a full time job, a wife and 3 kids. I don't understand how you say you don't have time to do this but you can argue on the forums about nothing for an hour.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Clearly, all this depends on your 'taste'.
Myself I'm satisfied with using emuNAND and RxTools and don't see a reason to change this winning team and a major plus is that whatever I'm doing on it, it won't be permanent (so I think). :)

phant0mg33k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i just wanted to leave this here for food for thought PART 4 Section II 12-18. Says:
  1. RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)
  2. Reboot into SysNAND, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice
  3. Open OTPHelper
  4. Select "One Click Setup" and confirm. This can take a while.
    (If this fails or gives you an error do NOT continue or you may BRICK; you should follow this troubleshooting guide)
  5. Cross your fingers
  6. Reboot
  7. If you get a black screen, boot with the SD card remove then reinsert when you see the home menu. If this fails, follow this troubleshooting guide
Any guide that is brick proof will not contain a step that clearly says if everything was OK, "cross your fingers" you maybe bricked you may not, reboot find out real soon once it is too late. The troubleshooting section even claims you may have a brick very clearly after about 3 other things to try. My issue is I will lurk until someone posts an issue with the (A9Lhax) process. I have seen this guide followed to a T and still seen the system turn into a paperweight. The old saying never rang more true, "if it isn't broken don't fix it."

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i just wanted to leave this here for food for thought PART 4 Section II 12-18. Says:
  1. RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)
  2. Reboot into SysNAND, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice
  3. Open OTPHelper
    (If this fails or gives you an error do NOT continue or you may BRICK; you should follow this troubleshooting guide)
  5. Cross your fingers
  6. Reboot
  7. If you get a black screen, boot with the SD card remove then reinsert when you see the home menu. If this fails, follow this troubleshooting guide
Any guide that is brick proof will not contain a step that clearly says if everything was OK, "cross your fingers" you maybe bricked you may not, reboot find out real soon once it is too late. The troubleshooting section even claims you may have a brick very clearly after about 3 other things to try. My issue is I will lurk until someone posts an issue with the (A9Lhax) process. I have seen this guide followed to a T and still seen the system turn into a paperweight. The old saying never rang more true, "if it isn't broken don't fix it."
Every guide has something like that. It's to cover their ass, kind of like the they are not responsible warning. But yes there is a brick risk, just like downgrading to 9.2, or installing the patched twl/agb stuff. Anytime you write to the nand there is a chance to brick

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  3. Open OTPHelper
  5. Cross your fingers
  6. Reboot
The same thing was stated during the wii homebrew installation, the PSP soft mod, when you flash a custom android ROM, basically anything ever that isn't manufacturer recommended.
There's always a chance of failure, you could get hit by a car tomorrow but life is about risks the payoff usually outweigh them otherwise they wouldn't be worth doing

Reactions: pbanj

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE