Hello guys. Just got my new 3ds xl

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BootsLoader, Apr 11, 2016.

1. BootsLoader
    OP

BootsLoader GBAtemp Fan

Dec 3, 2015
    Greece
    Hi guys I just traded my psvita with a new 3ds xl. I got some games also, so far I love the system (minus the screen resolution)!!

Anyways, it's on 10.4.0-29 firmware. What can u do with it? I mean can I downgrade and put a cfw or something else. Sorry for the noob question and thanks in advance.

2. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    Yes you can downgrade it to 9.2 and get cfw. Also don't update.

3. BootsLoader
    OP

BootsLoader GBAtemp Fan

Dec 3, 2015
    Greece
    Thanks. Is there any guide in the stickies?

4. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
  5. Ryu X

Ryu X GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2007
    United States
  6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    pbanj likes this.
  7. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    cots likes this.
  8. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    pbanj likes this.
  9. GBHAKC75

GBHAKC75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    France
    If you know how to read and follow a guide, no.

Almost everyone here used this to setup A9LH, and there's a lot of people with A9LH... This guide is just great.

pbanj likes this.
  10. Temarile

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Not if you just read carefully. People are careless and so far almost all reported bricks are due to user error. The guide has been improved and will keep improving.

Salamencizer and pbanj like this.
  11. cots

cots GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    This guide could use some pictures. I wonder why we've all gone back to 1992 with text only.

12. GBHAKC75

GBHAKC75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    France
    It's well explained, I don't see any need for pictures here. That's also more convenient when writing/editing the guide (for example, on the first versions of the guide, OTPHelper didn't existed, the method was pretty different) if there's no picture.
    And when the guide is text-only, you have to be careful, focus, and read everything. Some people don't read everything and just skips steps when there are pictures.

pbanj likes this.
  13. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    It's still the best guide for a brick

14. GBHAKC75

GBHAKC75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    France
    You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    But I'll stop here, don't feed the troll...

BloodRose and pbanj like this.
  15. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    What do you mean? Check the poll, it has a 40% brick rate. Go tell the people who always post "get a9lh" or master race nonsense to stop trolling.

Hypocrite

16. Temarile

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yeah and you know why people brick? Because they're not paying attention. People should be more aware that when you mess with your system like this you can brick and you'll void your warranty. This should have people on the edge of their chairs. People are careless and not paying attention. Most bricks are caused by: using a N3DS update pack on o3ds and vice versa (which can be fully prevented by actually reading) and people skipping steps from the guide when they don't know what they're doing. Yes, people CAN brick when setting up A9LH but you should also know that there are loads of people who actually have A9LH and are fine.
    But that's just my two cents.

pbanj and GBHAKC75 like this.
  17. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Wei
    Weird used this guide 3 time, one o3ds, one o3dsxl and one n3dsxl.
    40% of people must be pretty stupid because it works no issue everytime

pbanj likes this.
  18. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Still doesn't negate the fact that there is a 30% bootrate. It's still the best guide for a brick.

19. GBHAKC75

GBHAKC75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    France
    Oh god... really ?
    There have been a LOT of polls about everything. A lot of people goes on thread with brick polls because they bricked, and a lot of methods were used because A9LH installation process has evolved a lot. Not to mention that there were a lot of polls about bricks and none had the same results. A lot of people without bricks just doesn't care. There is another poll : http://strawpoll.me/7075116/r, I don't see 40% brick here. You can't take polls about bricks for brick chance, that's just dumb and not how statistics works.

The guide IS safe, there's just a lot of people who doesn't seems to know how to read/follow a guide. Most of errors are users-mistakes. Some early versions of softs used were instable a while ago, but that's not the case anymore, and for a long time. SafeA9LHInstaller and OTPHelper are safe.

And you don't seem to know what hypocrite means, because I don't see how what I said makes me an hypocrite...

A9LH bootrate is 100%. So no, go to back to school, learn how to read, and you will figure that no, the guide is perfectly safe as long as you can read.

Last edited by GBHAKC75, Apr 11, 2016
    pbanj likes this.
  20. cots

cots GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Well, I always read the entire guide and make sure I grasp the concepts before I go for it and the guide is very comprehensive, but it lacks definition for various tasks and pictures would help out a lot. I just get sick of seeing all of these guides without detail. If you're going to write one then don't do it half assed.