Homebrew Hello gbatemp, need some help with bootntr+luma 3ds, please.

ReggieFils-VerifiedAcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Yes its me, u dear friend Reggie.
You guys are my last hope to fix some dumb shit i made.
I dont have any idea how homebrews works, i just install it and hopes everything works :D

now, i followed everything at the 3dshack guide site, got latest luma, godmod and strap working.
recently i found that bootntr allows me to increase brightness above the limit. which i truly need.

i have a old 3ds xl, cfw ver 11.14 (latest)
tried to install bootntr by doing these:
1- downloaded bootntrselector here (only the mode 3.cia)
github/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases

2- overwrote my boot.firm in sd root from the fix 3gxloader just like naquitas told in his release post: github/Nanquitas/Luma3DS/releases (dowloaded only the boot.firm)

3- installed the bootntrselector mode 3 by Fbi.

heres the deal, i can open, it works (its says press home to open a game) im able to ajust my brightness throught the menu by pressing X+Y... but any game that launchs, the bootntr closes himself and restart my brightness. my body didnt felt ready at the time.

So, basically bootntr settings only works at home screen, did i forgot something? i didnt download the bootntr since his last update was in 2017, just the naquitas selector (.cia) and the luma fix (boot.firm)

sorry for my grammar :(

Last edited by ReggieFils-VerifiedAcc,

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, totally legit Reggie. I would recommend you to use a custom Luma build instead of BootNTR, at least for those purposes.

https://gbatemp.net/download/luma-10-2-1-with-redshift-and-quick-switchers.35619/

Download this and replace your boot.firm. Turn on the console, and use Rosalina menu (open it pressing L+DPadDown+Select).

You'll find an option called Change screen brightness, open it and follow your instincts until you find a brightness that satisfies your needs (?)

ReggieFils-VerifiedAcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Hi, totally legit Reggie. I would recommend you to use a custom Luma build instead of BootNTR, at least for those purposes.

Download this and replace your boot.firm. Turn on the console, and use Rosalina menu (open it pressing L+DPadDown+Select).

You'll find an option called Change screen brightness, open it and follow your instincts until you find a brightness that satisfies your needs (?)

Thanks my sweet angel, sorry for not reply before. I tried use the options on luma, but its based on presets, so 142 is the max it can reacj (that would be the same as using the 5 preset on home) and bootntr let me put on "6" way brighter than luma, but does not save after launch any game.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks my sweet angel, sorry for not reply before. I tried use the options on luma, but its based on presets, so 142 is the max it can reacj (that would be the same as using the 5 preset on home) and bootntr let me put on "6" way brighter than luma, but does not save after launch any game.
Check again those settings. There's something called "Hold L/R for extended limits". Maybe that helps.

ReggieFils-VerifiedAcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
You deserve a like for the name alone.

And you deserve love s2

Check again those settings. There's something called "Hold L/R for extended limits". Maybe that helps.

Actually, i didnt tried that luma version, can i just overwrite that boot firm from 3gxloader fix?
I dont have a pc to test right now, tomorrow ill update.
OBs: send me your steam, you deserve a tip for your good soul, gonna buy some nice to you. and dont worry, wii fit made me rich!

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."