Hello Gamers/Modders/Old Skoolers!!!

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

After doing a bit of lurking and discovering some very helpful information, I have decided to sign up. I hope to learn a lot from every one here as I see this is the right place to be!

I am a bit overwhelmed and not sure exactly quite where to start.

I'm 27, from Ohio and Nintendo is where my heart is! Growing up in the 80's, Nintendo has defnitely been a big part of my life. I have had my Ds lite for about 3 weeks now and I love it! I can't believe I hadn't bought one sooner.

The M3 DS Real Perfect bundle version came today! I am very excited to put this baby to use except the MicroSDHC card has not arrived yet.
frown.gif

I have many questions pertaining to the M3 Real that are probably already answered somewhere in here. I'm a bit of noob, if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great!

Some of my basic questions are:

Should I get the latest software/firmware, what is it and where do I find it?

I noticed there are a few guides, is there any additional information I should be aware of that pertain to settign up the M3 Real for the first time?

Thanks for the help and I"m glad to meet you all!!!
bow.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Welcome!

I *Assume* that you should use the latest firmware... nothing bad usually comes out of it (but I don't know about the M3 Real one).

You can find firmwares and other great things in the download centre, it's on the front page, to the left, third link from the top.

The firmware is usually just some files you put on the MicroSD(HC) card... not at ALL a big deal as a PSP for example
wink.gif

I don't know anything about the M3 Real, but I don't think there are any special settings what so ever... But that's just what I *THINK*..

Once again: Welcome!

PS. I am one of the nice guys, you can always ask me questions and stuff
smile.gif
(not sure if I can answer them, but it's worth a try ^^)

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, Thank You Issac!

Yeah, I was little confused on the whole firmware thing but it sounds like no biggie after you put in perspective.
smile.gif

Which setup, if any, are you using if you don't mind my asking?

It looks like there is a bunch of good stuff in the DL section, thanks for that. I'll search around and see what I can find.

Hahaha, I'm REALLY glad I don't have PSP after hearing that. I heard it has has a lot of features but probably a hassle is the way it sounds. I'm staying true to my roots.
tongue.gif

I"m sure every thing will be pretty much self explanatory when I get into it.

Thanks again the help and warm salutations. I'll be sure to hit you up when I have questions if you don't mind.

- Digital

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, ask me anytime
smile.gif

Which setup I use... well:
A Day-1 (release date) DS Phat (haha, it's all scratchy and all, but scratched with love

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBAtemp, yo
smile.gif

If ya need something - feel free to PM me and I'll gladly help you out (M3 questions, board questions, want an avatar, etc).

Looking forward to seeing you around, old man!
nyanya.gif

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweetness, thanks dudes!!

Thanks a lot JPH, that is nice to know. Hah Hah, I'll be contacting you for an avatar very soon! I need something "old" and "wise"
tongue.gif

I will see you guys and gals around on the board! Thanks again for the welcoming!

- Digital

p.s. haha this is great! ------>
nds.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum Digital1980. Glad to see another gamer that's a little long in the tooth and appreciates Nintendo's roots. I'm 31 myself and understand how you feel.

Your new flashcart may seem a little overwhelming at first, but hang around the forums and you'll have it down in no time. The hardest part is going to be figuring out what to play first out of the thousands of DS and GBA games now at your fingertips. Do your best to get some sleep and stay employed.
wink.gif

Oh yeah, and don't forget to check out the emulator NesDS. It works on Slot-1 cards and has great compatibility. You can replay all the old NES classics with ease.

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Szyslak!

Haha, well said on being long in the tooth and enjoying NES roots.
tongue.gif

It's good to know there are others that feel that way I do, I knew I couldn't have been the only one!

I'm learning lots about the new flashcart thanks to the vast amount of information and the helpful, knowledgeable people I have discovered on this message board. I think you're right though, the hardest part is yet to come. WHAT TO PLAY!!?!?! Haha, can't wait!

Thanks for the nesDS emulator tip for playing all of the NES classics. I got that right away!

I'll do my best to get plenty of rest and keep my day job even though it will be hard because I now have a lot on my mind
yaynds.gif

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hello Gamers/Modders/Old Skoolers!!!, Completely overwhelmed
Do the homebrewers not get a hello?

Sorry about that! After much reading and discovery, I now realize homebrewers get the BIGGEST HELLO! I don't think this community would be half of what it is without them. Thanks everyone!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums/family. I'm a little longer in the tooth than most around here (43,) and it hasn't made a bit of difference. I've always found good help and good friends here. I'm a big fan of G6 team's products, I use a G6 Lite for my slot 2, and my Micro, and I use a G6 Real for my slot one. I always get the latest firmware, and the only problems I've personally had doing that has been a slowdown in the interface once, but a downgrade to the previous firmware would've been easy if it had bothered me much, which it didn't.

Anyway, again, welcome! Oh, and I'm one of the nice ones too... one of many.
gbasp.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!!!, welcome.
I'm 26 myself and I love Sony as much as Nintendo and Microsoft. As long as it is a video, it's interactive and it doesn't suck, I love it =)
Good to have you on board, come join us at the pool whenever you have the chance, just be careful, the floor is wet.

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys!

Every one has been super helpful, I really admire that. I finally got my good today and trying to get things set up, testing and what not.

I have ran into a few problems. I'll pm some of you gents and perhaps you can guide in the right direction.

I'm having difficulties navigating the site, where is a good place to post my basic setup and usage questions? I"m guessing the NDS section would be a starter....

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys!

Every one has been super helpful, I really admire that. I finally got my good today and trying to get things set up, testing and what not.

I have ran into a few problems. I'll pm some of you gents and perhaps you can guide in the right direction.

I'm having difficulties navigating the site, where is a good place to post my basic setup and usage questions? I"m guessing the NDS section would be a starter....
Post your questions on the M3DS Real in this forum:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=91

People may be a little rude if it's a basic question, but you should get the answers you need.

And don't be afraid to use the "Search" button in the top nav bar. There's a good chance your questions have already been answered somewhere.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse