Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hello to everyone!!!

I am panther_512 and new to this amazing forum.

I am 28, Electronics Engineer and big Nintendo fan.

Though I've never owned a Nintendo console ( but I'm going to buy the Wii on launch), I have almost all Nintendo handhelds.

2 Gameboys

1 GBA

2 GBA SP ( one modded into digital oscilloscope)

And now I'm waiting for DSL to come to my country this Friday.

But I've never owned a flash card (impossible to find in Cyprus).

Now I'm considering buying one for the DSL, but I am a little puzzled with all these different flashcards, passcards etc etc.

Well, I have a lot of reading to do here
biggrin.gif

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Might I recommend a supercard minisd and flashmev7 (as it is good for beginners)

I am in the UK and will be getting my DS at the same time as you.

Going to order a EZ-flash IV lite (do a search for that) and use it with flashme v7

See which one you prefer.

Welcome btw

panther_512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you all for your posts.

The amount of intelligent posts in this forum is amazing!

Well, I did some reading, and I believe there are 2 very good options:

-the EZ4 Lite or
-Wait a little for the G6 Lite.
-Also the m3 mini SD seems a good option, but I was unable to find a review. The review that is here has the miniSD slot on the right of the flashcard and seems to be big, while the one that I see in the online shops have the slot on the top and the cartridge seems smaller....

I sent a few e-mail to cheapmod (I had ridiculously fast replies) and they're stocking on EZ4 Lites right this moment. They'll have stock of G6 Lite shortly (how shortly I don't know).

I told them about the compatibility issues with Superkey (New version?) and Passcard 3.

They replied that they will make tests with the Superkeys that they have in stock as soon as they receive the EZ4s. Also, because they don't know how much they'll pay for taxes, they couldn't give me a price.

But it was unfortunate that they don't sell microSDs, because they say their price is very volatile(? What does that mean? The greek translation is "light"), Perhaps it means that the price is not stable???

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-Also the m3 mini SD seems a good option, but I was unable to find a review. The review that is here has the miniSD slot on the right of the flashcard and seems to be big, while the one that I see in the online shops have the slot on the top and the cartridge seems smaller....

But it was unfortunate that they don't sell microSDs, because they say their price is very volatile(? What does that mean? The greek translation is "light"), Perhaps it means that the price is not stable???
The M3 MiniSD's slot is right on the top of the cart and I believe a tad larger than your standard gba cartridge. What your looking at is the M3 SD slim version. It uses standard SD carts still.

I'm guessing that their use of volatile and I believe in this case you are correct and it means the price can fluxuate very easily.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
rolleyes.gif

panther_512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Welcome to the forum.

2 GBA SP ( one modded into digital oscilloscope)

blink.gif
wow.

Is it any good?
Could you post schematics, photos, technical specifications, and so on?
Please?
bow.gif

Yes, actually it's very good! And it works flawlessly!

Of course it's not my design. A kid designed it and later made a deal with Elektor magazine. Elektor magazine was manufacturing the PCBs and selling them for around $100. You only needed an empty Gameboy cartridge and oscilloscope probes.
The Gameboy Oscilloscope is a tiny little PCB that fits in an empty Gameboy cartridge. You put it in your Gameboy/Gameboy color/ Advance or Advance SP and there you go! You have a portable Digital Oscilloscope!

And it's not only that. It has Dual channel input and PC link!!!

The specs of the cartridge/oscilloscope are:

* Dual trace display
* Sampling Rate: DC to 1Msps
* Time Base: 100Sec to 5uS/Div
* Inputs: AC/DC 1Meg Ohm
* Input gain: 50mV to 10V/Div with 10:1 probes
* Line or chart recorder trace modes
* Real time FFT mode with dB scale
* Variable persistence XY mode
* PC link for screen or data transfer
* Averaging and Auto trigger functions
* Reference trace storage

For amatuer electronics enthusiasts you cannot find anything better. Hell, I am proffesional electronics engineer and use it every day! Considering that a portable digital oscilloscope costs $1000 or more, this one is really value for money. I have it from 2000 and it still works like brand new.

Gameboy Oscilloscope ( GBDSO) The official site (but you cannot buy anything)

Elektor ( GBDSO assembled) Hmmm, the price is 103 UKP

Elektor (build it yourself) : If you want to make it yourself (like I did). It will cost you half the price but it's very difficult to make if you're not proffesional or experienced with electronics. The PCB has only SMD parts and they are many. But if you can do it, you can buy all the components from Elektor, download the PCB from this page and make it yourself with photo-sensitive PCB.

guts.jpg
cartridge.jpg

full.jpg

these pics are not from my SP (Obviously) since I am not at work. If you want to see what's like on the GBA SP, tell me and tomorrow I'll post some

EDIT: Here is the complete articles of the Elektor magazine on the Gameboy Digital Oscilloscope, including schematics, parts lists, PCBs in actual size and documentation----->link

panther_512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I think something just happened to the Elektor site just now.

It's been propably attacked my hackers??? Because whenever I try to load the page, an ACCESS VIOLATION message comes out.

Strange, a moment ago the site was working just fine.

Edit: Yeap. It's been attacked by hackers. Well, you'll have to wait a little to fix it. But if you google GBDSO or gameboy oscilloscope, you'll find a lot of data.

But you can buy the PCB assembled and tested only from Elektor (I think).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: