Homebrew Hello! Also, Mac - SNES9x GX Network Advice Request

BowserTheMagnificent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello one and all, it's great to be here. Thanks to everyone who contributes here. I've been a user of this site for as long as I can remember, so I guess this sign-up is long overdue! :)

I searched but cannot find how to hook up my Wii to my MacBook Pro (10.6.8).

My Wii is hacked and everything works. I just can't figure out what info SNES9x GX wants and how to configure my computer. Advice hugely appreciated.

(I also just ordered a JXD S7300 so I'll be here a lot in the coming months I guess!)

Peace.

BowserTheMagnificent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by connect to Macbook?
Hey, thanks for the response. I was to keep my SNES ROMs in a folder on my computer and access them via the SMB network support offered by the emu(s). I've noticed there several emus that offer this support. SNES9x GX wants to know:

IP address
Computer name
Username
Password

As far as I can tell, I've input all the required fiends correctly unless it wants the network prefix in the IP.

Then I need to know how to make the MacBook accept the incoming request for data access. I can tell the Wii is sniffing the Mac because when I enter garbage data into the emu the network tool instantly fails out. When the fields are filled in correctly (to the best of my knowledge) it takes five seconds before it fails, which leads me to think it's the Mac rejecting the request.

Thanks again! :)

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not familiar with OSX, but this sounds like it could be either a firewall or permissions problem. Have you tried connecting with another computer? If you have access to a second computer, I would try getting that to work first.

BowserTheMagnificent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not familiar with OSX, but this sounds like it could be either a firewall or permissions problem. Have you tried connecting with another computer? If you have access to a second computer, I would try getting that to work first.
Yeah, but it's another MacBook Pro. My last Windows machine died last year. I've disabled the firewall, enabled file sharing and enabled SMB. I know it's *almost* working. Argh!

It shouldn't be the Mac platform, right? I mean, via SMB, SNES9x GX should just use it is a file server AFIK. I need a Mac nerd!

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I can't provide much more help since I've never really used OSX. The only thing I can suggest is make sure everything is working with your two OSX machines. Also, the second half of the text in the second paragraph of your last post is almost invisible with the dark theme.

Edit: I just realized that there is hidden text in your first post as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr