CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, my ISP's DNS server is apparently down. The only reason I can still access GBATemp is because I still have the site's IP in my Hosts file from when the site switched servers a long time ago. So would someone be so kind as to go to OpenDNS.org and get me their DNS server IP's? If I use their DNS I'll be able to access the entire internet again. I swore I had a text file somewhere with the addresses in it, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If your ISP DNS server is down - why not try & change it to another DNS Server ??

Guide Link

How do I change what DNS server my computer uses?

To change DNS servers:

• Right click on the My Network Places icon on the desktop and select Properties. (If the icon is not available, go to Start menu | My Computer | My Network Places | View Network Connections.)
• Locate the network connection that is associated with your Internet connection. This may be labeled something like "Local Area Connection." If you have more than one connection to choose from, be sure you determine the right one before proceeding.
• Right click on the appropriate connection and select Properties.
• In the list that appears under the General tab, double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
• In the window that appears, you want to select the option to Use the following DNS server addresses...
• At this point you will want to enter at least one of your personal preferred DNS servers.
A complete list of servers can be found here: (See the other spoiler for some other DNS servers)
• Press Ok out of all windows until you are back to the Network Connections window. You can now open your web browser and browse to a website to see if it connects faster.
Free Public DNS Server

=> Service provider: Google
Google public dns server IP address:

=> Service provider:Dnsadvantage
Dnsadvantage free dns server list:

=> Service provider:OpenDNS
OpenDNS free dns server list / IP address:

=> Service provider:Norton
Norton free dns server list / IP address:

=> Service provider: GTEI DNS (now Verizon)
Public Name server IP address:

=> Service provider: ScrubIt
Public dns server address:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.