Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit Release Date Announced

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom

SEGA have announced that Arkedo Studio's (Nervous Brickdown, Big Bang Mini & OMG: Our Manix Game) latest game, Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit will be released on XLBA/PSN on September 26th and on Steam on October 3rd. Price will be $14.99 or 1200 MS points.

For PAL gamers all three versions will be launched on October 3rd for £9.99/€12.99/AUD$19.95/1200 MS Points.

They also put up a new trailer which you can see above.

Game info from Sega:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I am looking forward to playing this madness, Sega seem to be doing well with this digital push of theirs lately.

More gameplay footage:

http://www.gamershel...ews_141360.html

2. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    The graphics remind me a little of rayman origins.
    Game looks interesting, but Ill wait a little bit before determining to spend money on it.

3. Hyborix3

Member Hyborix3 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    The price is OK but I need to see if it's a lengthy game. Other than that, I might get it. I only got one Steam game and that is tBoI

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Well that triggered my Earthworm Jim memories section.... might actually have to dust off the 360 and see about playing it.

5. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Hell Yeah? Hell no!

I don't know, the game seems to be trying a bit too hard here. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not exactly sold yet.

1 person likes this.
  6. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Wait a minute! Content question time. This game is rated PEGI-12 (most likely ESRB-T here in the States) yet SEGA was able to stick the phrase "The prince is a pussy" in this game and STILL get a Teen friendly rating??? I'm assuming that it's because the way the word "pussy" is used, right?

7. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    that would be my guess, more context than content, depends how you use it

8. Hyborix3

Member Hyborix3 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    "The prince is a vagina"..? Nah

9. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Teen rating is because of the blood.

Pussies get offended easily.

10. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Blood usually gets you a M-rating most of the time.

11. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Actually blood is OK within the teen rating, it's when you add the gore factor or make the blood excessive that you get the M rating. As for the word "pussy" most people relate the vernacular form of the word to the female genitalia. Hell, people got offended when Hit-Girl said the word "cunt" in "Kick-Ass"

12. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Well I've heard other 4-letter-naughties dropped in a few T-rated games (Enter the Matrix comes to mind) and language is probably the most passable offense for games, it just depends on how much they use them.

13. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    And then there are some games you just use excessive swear words just to make them seem more "hardcore."

14. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Well language in some context is quite appropriate. In the Matrix it felt more natural than forced. Like people in a high-adrenaline situation and saying "bullshit" every now and then makes sense.

Like you ever watch Breaking Bad? I enjoy the show but it does definitely feel a bit silly from time to time being on AMC. Jesse, whose all like "thug life gangsta" who should usually be slinging curse words left and right, is restricted to saying "That's messed up!" or "screw this!" It feels a bit unnatural for the situation.

But cause in point, language has its uses in media. I'm not sure if this is exactly an appropriate one.

15. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    Yes, language does have it's place in media, it's just that I hate it when it's forced, as you say, so that something seems tougher than it is.
    For example, I was watching a Jet Li flick, and the cursing in it just sounded pretty bad, and I mean forced.

16. Pleng

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    Well c*** is generally perceived as a much, much stronger word that p***y, even when directly substituted in the same context. That's just the way it is. Let's leave the argument about why that's the case is alone. Fact is, it's regarded in that way.

Additionally you're much more likely to cause somebody offence by calling them a c*** than you are by calling them a pussy.

Also, when I hear pussy used in the wussy context, my mind doesn't even remotely wander to female genitalia. I'd imagine it to be the same for most people. pussy=wimp unless used in an erotic context.