Hacking Hekate isn't booting into Atmosphere

Dredengreg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, sorry to bother you but I've been trying to fix this myself and no luck so far.

I was using my Switch as normal but when I was launching the homebrew menu through side loading, I accidently tapped the "update". I have my dns settings set so that I can't connect to Nintendos servers so I didn't think it would be a big deal.

But then it restarted my switch almost instantly and since then I've been stuck in Hekate. I've tried deleting and putting on the latest version of Atmosphere, no luck. None of the three launch options are currently working. They pop up the Kosmos logo, and then boot right back into Hekate.

I have a 256 gb sd card formated to Fat32.
So I downloaded and replaced the files with the standalone Atmosphere build, but I still see the Kosmos logo when it attempts to launch it. This is normal, right?

And advice on what I should try next?

Thanks!

Edit: and the journey continues. So I noticed I was using Hekate 5.02 and there was a later version. I replaced and booted with that one instead and now I get an error message when I try to boot into the CFW.

in red: Failed to apply 'nosigchk'
failed to launch HOS

I used the files from sdsetup initially get it working, which had an older hekate, so maybe I'm missing something else I need.

Last edited by Dredengreg,

Dredengreg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever you update to a new firmware that breaks CFW, you need to get new sig patches. You should download the latest ones from here (don't go for fusee-primary, go for the one with the date since you are using hekate): https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases
Oh wow, I had no idea. Thanks, I'll try it out shortly.

I also see a kosmos download file with the word "bootconfig" afterwards, should I copy and paste that in as well?
Though looking at it, it looks like an alternative.

Classicaldonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know how long it normally takes to get these done for each version update? It feels weird playing games with no cheating LOL

Tinnetju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does anyone know how long it normally takes to get these done for each version update? It feels weird playing games with no cheating LOL
Usually within a week, I'm pretty sure you can find the 10.0 ones on the Atmosphere sigpatches thread in the latest comments

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou