Hacking Hekate boot to ofw in menu, safe to do or only via power off then on? other questions on saves

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gaining some traction with the hekate/atmosphere cfw. But wanted to double check on a few things. Is it the same as powering off then back on and going to OFW, to choose the OFW icon in the hekate launcher area?

Also, if you have a purchased title in the OFW and the same nsp in cfw (from other sources), and in cfw you have saves for the nsp version, is it not a good idea to use those saves online on ofw (IE: super mario maker 2 for instance), just double checking on this, i think the answer is to not use those saves from cfw via ofw.

Thanks in advance

Dragongray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm gaining some traction with the hekate/atmosphere cfw. But wanted to double check on a few things. Is it the same as powering off then back on and going to OFW, to choose the OFW icon in the hekate launcher area?

I don't think I understand you completely.
Do you think if you boot with the original bootloader into the ofw it is the same as boot with hekate into ofw?

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I understand you completely.
Do you think if you boot with the original bootloader into the ofw it is the same as boot with hekate into ofw?

It appears to be, boots up to ofw just fine, system info shows the correct version (not hekate or atmos), and a restart from the booted ofw goes back to stock, not hekate.

I mean why else have the hekate boot option for ofw?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over