Hacking Hekate/Atmosphere with SX Core

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
Trying to run Hekate+Atmosphere on my SX Core and running into some issues.

I was using SX OS previously on there and created a hidden partition emummc which worked fine.

I can boot Atmosphere through the fusee-secondary method in Hekate but the fusee-primary method results in a black screen. Anyone got any tips or advice on getting this thing working?

Thanks!

Last edited by britain4,

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hey guys,
Trying to run Hekate+Atmosphere on my SX Core and running into some issues.

I was using SX OS previously on there and created a hidden partition emummc which worked fine.

I can boot Atmosphere through the fusee-secondary method in Hekate but the fusee-primary method results in a black screen. Anyone got any tips or advice on getting this thing working?

Thanks!
When you are in the sx boot menu, do a cleanup and, in hekate try to boot into emunand. If it doesn’t work you can try updating Hekate/ atmosphere. If it still doesn’t work than delete everything about hekate/ atmosphere and follow this guide.

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you are in the sx boot menu, do a cleanup and, in hekate try to boot into emunand. If it doesn’t work you can try updating Hekate/ atmosphere. If it still doesn’t work than delete everything about hekate/ atmosphere and follow this guide.

Thanks for the reply!

The system has been booting Atmosphere with emuNAND absolutely fine if I do the cleanup, load it from Hekate and use the FSS0 boot method with fusee-secondary.bin.

The only thing that doesn’t work at all is booting it from fusee-primary either through Hekate or the SX bootloader as described in the above guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/running-atmosphere-on-erista-patched-sx-core-switch.574083/

Is this even a problem, or is it a sign of something else wrong, or an incompatibility between fusee-primary and SX Core or something?

Reactions: GCS

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks for the reply!

The system has been booting Atmosphere with emuNAND absolutely fine if I do the cleanup, load it from Hekate and use the FSS0 boot method with fusee-secondary.bin.

The only thing that doesn’t work at all is booting it from fusee-primary either through Hekate or the SX bootloader as described in the above guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/running-atmosphere-on-erista-patched-sx-core-switch.574083/

Is this even a problem, or is it a sign of something else wrong, or an incompatibility between fusee-primary and SX Core or something?
It is because of, sx os blocking booting directly to fusee-primary since it is another cfw. I don’t think it is because of compability issues, rather they don’t want you to use another cfw other then SX OS.

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is because of, sx os blocking booting directly to fusee-primary since it is another cfw. I don’t think it is because of compability issues, rather they don’t want you to use another cfw other then SX OS.

Thanks for this - I wonder if this would be it then, it’s strange that fusee-primary doesn’t work from either the SX or Hekate menus, but Hekate is fine

I’ve just noticed the linked guide is yours, thanks for that! Do you know if you’re using fusee-primary or fusee-secondary from Hekate to boot in that setup?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks for this - I wonder if this would be it then, it’s strange that fusee-primary doesn’t work from either the SX or Hekate menus, but Hekate is fine

I’ve just noticed the linked guide is yours, thanks for that! Do you know if you’re using fusee-primary or fusee-secondary from Hekate to boot in that setup?
No problem, glad that it helped you:). I don't know the details, but I don't think that hekate runs fusee-primary to start atmosphere.

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem, glad that it helped you:). I don't know the details, but I don't think that hekate runs fusee-primary to start atmosphere.

Yeah it was your guide I followed in the first place so I knew it was possible :) You can configure Hekate boot options with a .ini so you can create boot options for sysNAND CFW, emuNAND CFW etc but you can also choose whether to load through fusee-primary or FSS0 fusee-secondary as part of that, mine will load with the latter but black screen with the former.

I don't THINK it matters as everything seems to be working 100% fine using the sigpatches from here https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-secondary-only.571543/ but wondered if it was a sign of something else wrong or issues down the line

Reactions: GCS

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you can modify boot.dat to allow fusee-primary boot? That's what I did with the SX Pro. Maybe it's worth a try?

You're welcome to check it if you want;
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sxos-refugee-some-questions.574912/#post-9221827
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-from-sx-os-to-atmosphere.533337/page-5#post-9221836

Thanks - I'd already tried this out and can confirm it doesn't work though, must be blocked by SX Core. Even the official SX Gear boot.dat for loading other payloads doesn't work.

I'd definitely be booting through Hekate either way but it's a bit puzzling that fusee-primary just isn't working at all through there or the SX bootloader. Maybe blocked by the chip?

Is there any chance you'd be able to try booting using the "Payloads" option in Hekate and then selecting fusee-primary.bin and see if that works for you?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks - I'd already tried this out and can confirm it doesn't work though, must be blocked by SX Core. Even the official SX Gear boot.dat for loading other payloads doesn't work.

I'd definitely be booting through Hekate either way but it's a bit puzzling that fusee-primary just isn't working at all through there or the SX bootloader. Maybe blocked by the chip?

Is there any chance you'd be able to try booting using the "Payloads" option in Hekate and then selecting fusee-primary.bin and see if that works for you?
I think that it would work, but I can't test it because I would directly booted into my sysnand with cfw (That has a little chance to get me banned), sorry for that.

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that it would work, but I can't test it because I would directly booted into my sysnand with cfw (That has a little chance to get me banned), sorry for that.

No worries that's fine I wouldn't want you to risk getting banned or anything - as far as I know if you have emuMMC enabled in Hekate under the emuMMC menu it would use your emuMMC but don't try it if you're not sure!

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
No worries that's fine I wouldn't want you to risk getting banned or anything - as far as I know if you have emuMMC enabled in Hekate under the emuMMC menu it would use your emuMMC but don't try it if you're not sure!
Yes, you are right, it would directly boot me in to emunand... if it opened up:( Just tested it and it gave me boot0 error (I did cleanup).

Reactions: britain4

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you are right, it would directly boot me in to emunand... if it opened up:( Just tested it and it gave me boot0 error (I did cleanup).

Thanks so much for giving it a try!! It seems like it might be the fusee-primary causing the issue with the chip maybe, and that normally you're booting with fusee-secondary from Hekate? totally not a problem for me as long as it's not an indication of something else wrong with my setup

PedroHB

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the cleanup button clears only the sysnand, so the emunand does not enter, you have to dump the clean boot0 and boot1 and put in emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

in hekate, Go to USB tools, export the mmc boot0 and boot1 with nxnandmanager, then migrate your emunand in hekate, go back to USB tools, disable the read-only option and overwrite the boot0 and boot1 of your emunand , remember to cleanup.

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the cleanup button clears only the sysnand, so the emunand does not enter, you have to dump the clean boot0 and boot1 and put in emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

in hekate, Go to USB tools, export the mmc boot0 and boot1 with nxnandmanager, then migrate your emunand in hekate, go back to USB tools, disable the read-only option and overwrite the boot0 and boot1 of your emunand , remember to cleanup.

That's an interesting tip thanks for that, never thought about that. I'll probably keep running it on SX OS for now and then do this when I'm ready to move over permanently but great to know there's the option. For now everything is 100% working fine with the fusee-secondary sigpatches

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Where can I find the SX CORE at? I can’t find it anywhere.
I wouldn't recommend you to buy an sx core if you have a Mariko(v2, red boxed) Switch since atmosphere is currently not compatible with it and SX OS won't get any updates most probably. If you have a Mariko, I think you should try to sell it and buy a 2nd hand unpatched switch. But if you have an Erista Patched (non-red boxed) you can buy the chip, if you don't want to try to find a new unpatched switch. (You can get atmosphere on Erista models so SX OS won't be that much of an issue.)
- https://lmgt.com/?q=Buy+Sx+Core It comes from China.
- https://gbatemp.net/threads/where-to-buy-sx-core.568825/page-6 You may want to check here too

Last edited by GCS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.