Hacking Hekate and Sigpatches not working properly

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. Just some background information- I had a fresh unpatched Switch that I used to apply cfw. I started using the guide provided by https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ but was unclear to me as to why my Switch mentions an M when looking at my current version: 12.0.2IAMS M.19.3IE

The reference image the that is provided doesn't show an "M" within their current version so I am not sure if this is just something added over time or did I boot into the wrong payload? I am using Hekate 5.5.6 to inject the Payload onto my Switch and from there I am selecting Launch -> Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC.

Now, if this is correct and I did nothing wrong. Then my next issue arises when I try and get the sig patches to work. This forum post -> https://gbatemp.net/questions/what-sigpatches-do-i-need.5651/ helped me figure out that since I am injecting using Hekate and then Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC then I should be using the Hekate sig patches. I downloaded the latest release Supports HOS firmware 12.0.2 and AMS 0.19.3 containing the Hekate.zip and applies the files within to the atmosphere and bootloader folders on my SD card. But after I did this tinfoil does not want to open with an unable to open application message and then the software becomes corrupt.

So now I am at a stand still. I thought I injected the correct payload, and I thought I updated the sig patches correctly. But with my effort there are no results.

I am hoping someone can try and shed some light on this. I am using the latest releases on everything that is currently available for 12.0.2. I partitioned my SD card successfully and have made backups of everything that I needed to. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Last edited by s1aught3r,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil doesn't work when you use a Fss0/Hekate build, you need to load Atmosphere from Fusee-Primary. As for patches make sure the directory is correct.

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil doesn't work when you use a Fss0/Hekate build, you need to load Atmosphere from Fusee-Primary. As for patches make sure the directory is correct.
Interesting. So I am confused at to why they recommend booting into Fss0/ Hekate build? What is the benefit if any?

Also would you be able to link me to how to do such thing? Since I already followed that guide and it doesn't show an option for Fusee-Primary.

Would Fusee-Primary still give me the results I desire of having my sysnand and emummc separate? I don't really mind/care what payload I use as long as I am able to consistently update it when needed/ swap between my sysnand (go online) and emummc(stay offline) without any issues.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. So I am confused at to why they recommend booting into Fss0/ Hekate build? What is the benefit if any?

Also would you be able to link me to how to do such thing? Since I already followed that guide and it doesn't show an option for Fusee-Primary.

Would Fusee-Primary still give me the results I desire of having my sysnand and emummc separate? I don't really mind/care what payload I use as long as I am able to consistently update it when needed/ swap between my sysnand (go online) and emummc(stay offline) without any issues.

Builds like Deepsea, Kosmos, SD Setup all use Fss0/Hekate build, problem with Tinfoil started when Kosmos was still around, the developers of Kosmos/Hekate and Blawar didn't get along, using Fusee primary would solve your tinfoil problem, if you want to go online the Sysnand needs to be clean NAND, or you will get banned, if you don't have a clean Sysnand you can't go online.

Reactions: s1aught3r

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Builds like Deepsea, Kosmos, SD Setup all use Fss0/Hekate build, problem with Tinfoil started when Kosmos was still around, the developers of Kosmos/Hekate and Blawar didn't get along, using Fusee primary would solve your tinfoil problem, if you want to go online the Sysnand needs to be clean NAND, or you will get banned, if you don't have a clean Sysnand you can't go online.

Gotcha. So I shouldn't use Atmosphere FSS0 unless I am interested in Deepsea, Kosmos, etc.

I went ahead and downloaded the fusee-primary.bin and I added it to my payload folder. This is what you meant I should do in order to fix my tinfoil issue right? (I went ahead and booted fusee-primary from the payload option instead of the launch option after I injected hekate 5.5.6. and I loaded tinfoil successfully as well.)

But my question is after I inject hekate, Does loading fusee-primary through the Payloads option like you recommended still only use the part of my SD card that is partitioned towards it? I have not tainted or "dirtied" my sysnand and I do not plan on doing so since I want to go online.

Last edited by s1aught3r,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. So I shouldn't use Atmosphere FSS0 unless I am interested in Deepsea, Kosmos, etc.

I went ahead and downloaded the fusee-primary.bin and I added it to my payload folder. This is what you meant I should do in order to fix my tinfoil issue right? (I went ahead and booted fusee-primary from the payload option instead of the launch option after I injected hekate 5.5.6. and I loaded tinfoil successfully as well.)

But my question is does after I inject hekate, Does loading fusee-primary through the Payloads option like you recommended still only use the part of my SD card that is partitioned towards it? I have not tainted or "dirtied" my sysnand and I do not plan on doing so since I want to go online.

Fusee-Primary use Fusee Patches, booting from Hekate into Fusee Primary is the same as booting Fusee-Primary, unless you never launched CFW on Sysnand before then your NAND isn't clean, if you have a clean NAND backup you can restore that.

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fusee-Primary use Fusee Patches, booting from Hekate into Fusee Primary is the same as booting Fusee-Primary, unless you never launched CFW on Sysnand before then your NAND isn't clean, if you have a clean NAND backup you can restore that.

Okay I will be sure to update the fusee patches.

But also I am a bit confused on what you mean by, "unless you never launched CFW on Sysnand before then your NAND isn't clean"

I have only been using the CFW, not my sysnand. Does this still make my NAND not clean? I have not tried to log into any Nintendo servers. I have 90DNS setup on my wifi, as well.

How can I check whether or not my NAND is clean?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I will be sure to update the fusee patches.

But also I am a bit confused on what you mean by, "unless you never launched CFW on Sysnand before then your NAND isn't clean"

I have only been using the CFW, not my sysnand. Does this still make my NAND not clean? I have not tried to log into any Nintendo servers. I have 90DNS setup on my wifi, as well.

How can I check whether or not my NAND is clean?

Clean NAND meaning you never ran CFW on sysnand, if you have only been using Emunand then you should be fine, there isn't a way to check unless you launch the eshop, but don't do it unless you are 100% sure you got a clean NAND.

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clean NAND meaning you never ran CFW on sysnand, if you have only been using Emunand then you should be fine, there isn't a way to check unless you launch the eshop, but don't do it unless you are 100% sure you got a clean NAND.

Ohh, I understand what you mean. No, I have never ran any custom firmware on my sysnand. My SD card is partitioned in a way that separates the two operating systems so that they don't overlap. That is a thing, correct? I have only installed Super Mario 64 V8 and it only shows up on my CFW, not my sysnand. I also have a theme on my CFW that does not appear when I load sysnand.

So, I take it that this means that I am safe (not safe but safer, because I understand its always a risk) to go online using my games that I physically own?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, I understand what you mean. No, I have never ran any custom firmware on my sysnand. My SD card is partitioned in a way that separates the two operating systems so that they don't overlap. That is a thing, correct? I have only installed Super Mario 64 V8 and it only shows up on my CFW, not my sysnand. I also have a theme on my CFW that does not appear when I load sysnand.

So, I take it that this means that I am safe (not safe but safer, because I understand its always a risk) to go online using my games that I physically own?

You should be fine, based on what you said so far it seem you did everything so far on an emunand. The general recommendation was to make a sysnand NAND backup prior to doing anything, if you believe you never ran any CFW stuffs on it then make a backup and keep it safe somewhere.

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be fine, based on what you said so far it seem you did everything so far on an emunand. The general recommendation was to make a sysnand NAND backup prior to doing anything, if you believe you never ran any CFW stuffs on it then make a backup and keep it safe somewhere.
Ah, I think you may have missed my initial comment that I had made all the backups that I needed prior to messing with any of this. I have my NAND backed up, my prod.keys backed up, as well as my Nintendo folder backed up. But, thanks for double checking and making sure!

I just have one last question. Since I am now activating the fusee-primary payload instead of Atmosphere fss0 emuMMC, I noticed how the sig patches from the secondary Hekate that I had initially installed prior are actually working with my tinfoil. Should I still update the sig patches on my SD card from the hekate.zip files to the fusee.zip files that are provided here? Even though it's working? Supports HOS firmware 12.0.2 and AMS 0.19.3

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I think you may have missed my initial comment that I had made all the backups that I needed prior to messing with any of this. I have my NAND backed up, my prod.keys backed up, as well as my Nintendo folder backed up. But, thanks for double checking and making sure!

I just have one last question. Since I am now activating the fusee-primary payload instead of Atmosphere fss0 emuMMC, I noticed how the sig patches from the secondary Hekate that I had initially installed prior are actually working with my tinfoil. Should I still update the sig patches on my SD card from the hekate.zip files to the fusee.zip files that are provided here? Even though it's working? Supports HOS firmware 12.0.2 and AMS 0.19.3

Tinfoil doesn't work on Fss0/Hekate build, you can chainload Fusee-Primary from Hekate, if you use Hekate/Fss0 you are going to get that tinfoil message.

Capture.PNG

Last edited by Hayato213,

s1aught3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil doesn't work on Fss0/Hekate build, you can chainload Fusee-Primary from Hekate, if you use Hekate/Fss0 you are going to get that tinfoil message.
Okay. Yes, I chain-loaded fusee-primary from Hekate and I just updated the sig patches pertaining to fusee-primary from this link -> https://github.com/eXhumer/patches/releases and everything still works just fine!

Thank you so very much for your rapid responses in assisting me! I can start to enjoy the console now. Take care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1