Heh, dumb question...

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by RoboClover, May 23, 2008.

May 23, 2008

Heh, dumb question... by RoboClover at 11:07 PM (1,046 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. RoboClover
    OP

Newcomer RoboClover Advanced Member

United States
    So i got the GBA GSM player to run on my EZ Flash 4, had about 13 songs on there so i was pretty stoaked. I put something like 8 more songs on that file thinking 'hey, i got a 2 gb card, i should be fine.' But i open it up on my GBA and i get 'Not enough PSRAM'. Whats Psram? And would it work if i compiled a bunch of smaller files instead of putting all the songs on one file?

thanks

2. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Psram is the fast ram on the card (mini sd version only has 16MB)
    Nor Slow as hell (32MB on the minisd version) Press select on a rom to flash it here (will be on the first page where it says SD-Disk/EZ-Disk) And it will stay till you delete it

And it's a good idea seeing as Nor is so dam slow to keep you music below 16MB

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    PSRAM is basically just RAM, and the EZ-4 has 16 megabytes of it. The EZ-4 runs GBA games & software from PSRAM (or NOR flash memory) because SD cards are not fast enough to be accessed like a GBA cart.

I'm not familiar with that program, but it sounds like you compile songs into a .gba file along with the player (much like emulators for the GBA). If this is correct, the compiled file will need to be small enough to fit in the EZ-4's PSRAM.

In short, keep the file under 16MB.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    100% correct. Note that you can move the *.gsm files out of the "gsms" folder for archiving and then delete the *.wav files in the "wavs" folder so you don't have to waste time re-converting files over again. Just add the *.gsm files you want to the "gsms" folder and run go.bat. This way you can easily pick and choose the songs you want to put in each compilation.