prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Heavy_Rain_Cover_Art.jpg

First add-on to Quantic Dream's critically acclaimed game arrives on April Fool's Day for $5; will offer additional backstory to journalist character.
QUOTE said:
By now, thousands of PlayStation 3 owners have solved the "Origami Killer" case at the center of Heavy Rain. However, that isn't stopping Sony Computer Entertainment from prepping additional story content for the critically acclaimed game. Today, the publisher announced the first downloadable content pack for Heavy Rain will arrive on April 1. The expansion will cost $5 and, like the game, is rated M for Mature.

Billed as the first chapter of the Heavy Rain Chronicles, "The Taxidermist" DLC pack provides some new background on one of the game's main characters, the reporter Madison Paige. It chronicles one of the early investigations that put her on the trail of the Origami Killer. For a quick glimpse of the add-on, check out the video below.

Heavy Rain was developed by Quantic Dream, the Paris-based shop behind 2005's Indigo Prophecy (aka Fahrenheit) for the PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. Like that critically acclaimed title, Heavy Rain eschews normal game conventions for a more cinematic approach, focusing on complex storytelling and emotion via realistic graphics. Heavy Rain follows the pursuit of a mysterious serial murderer, with players controlling several characters who must collect clues in a film-noir-style setting to crack the case.
Source

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst movie I've ever seen.

Comparing this to Dragon's Lair is an insult. At least Dragon's Lair had some level of gameplay aside from "PRESS X TO JASON"

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Worst movie I've ever seen.

Comparing this to Dragon's Lair is an insult. At least Dragon's Lair had some level of gameplay aside from "PRESS X TO JASON"
Well, Heavy Rain lets you walk around sometimes and pick up stuff, drive in your mystery van, and look for clues and shit.
Then a lot of the other parts are QTE. Not bad, almost as fun as the GoW3 ones.

This is the kind of game I think Dragon's Lair was leading up to.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, the Heavy Rain debating is just down the road. Once you reach the blue barn, make a left. You can't miss it... Well, you already did.

That meant "Hey, guys, talk about something on topic". The game may not appeal to everyone. Not all games do. Deal with it. Talk about how rad or fad the DLC might be.

As for the game, of course I haven't played (since I don't have a PS3... Yet), but it looks interesting. Not my genre, though.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for directing us.

So guys how rad do you think this DLC will be?
I think it will be the raddest DLC anyone ever saw!

ZeroPF

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jaems said:

The DLC looked pretty awesome to me. It ended with a castration by chainsaw

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroPF said:
Jaems said:

The DLC looked pretty awesome to me. It ended with a castration by chainsaw
HOLY SHIT AWESOME.

I've yet to buy this game, btw, probably order it off Amazon sometime soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed