Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
imgod22222 said:
Rayder said:
I probably have everything everyone mentioned plus.....

At this point, we have 1052 different bands in our library and nearly 11000 tunes, so.....yeah.
So this thread kicks the MPAA's ass. =]

One band I'd REALLY like to recommend: Outworld. They only have one album out, but i'm in love with the second track "Riders"
The other I'd recommend is Soilwork.

There are a couple other bands, but I can't remember which they are right now.

Btw, how is CoB's new album? I haven't had time to listen to it yet.

I like Bodom's new album
tongue.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmm I wonder if an administrator at my school would tell me to turn my shirt inside out if I wore a Reign in Blood shirt...simply because it says "Do You Want to Die" in big, red, dripping letters on the back...too bad I don't have that shirt or else I would try it lol

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend wore a Slayer shirt that had a pentagram on it, and they tried to make him turn it inside out. He said he would if everyone else on the school took off anything religious in any way. He loves that shirt now lol.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pikadude1006 said:
My friend wore a Slayer shirt that had a pentagram on it, and they tried to make him turn it inside out. He said he would if everyone else on the school took off anything religious in any way. He loves that shirt now lol.
That wouldn't work in a Catholic school. At least I wouldn't think it would.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe no one has mentioned Deep Purple. They're what real metal should have become (Black Sabbath and the like). Some of Dragonforce's stuff actually reminds me of Deep Purple sometimes.

Of course Deep Purple is a lot of things, but they have some of the first and greatest Heavy Metal stuff. Ian Paice was the fastest drummer of the time (yes, faster than Bonham) and could play with much more precision and sensitivity, and their greatest guitarist, Richie Blackmore, is all about neo-classical stuff and was one of Yngwie Malmsteem's inspirations. And could Ian Gillan scream! With Roger Glover rocking heart-thumping bass lines and John Lord on the Hammond organ (single greatest organ player of all time and one of my idols) you have one of the best bands around for just about any style of music, and they COULD play everything.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
Deep Purple isn't metal. Well they probably were considered metal back in the day but not now.
Yeah Deep Purple is more Hard Rock than Metal, but then again some people consider Black Sabbath Hard Rock and others consider it classic metal (I say it's Classic metal, one of the first if not THE first metal bands)

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's because most of those people don't look at their entire discography. A lot of their stuff is hard rock, but they have a good amount of real Classic Metal. WAY ahead of their time in terms of metal. I can't think of any real metal titles off the top of my head, but I'll post a list when I get a chance to review.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's the way music evolves. "Sh'Boom" by The Chords isn't considered rock by anyone's standards today, but it was the first real "Rock 'N Roll" song. Deep Purple is a lot like that, sure it is not anything like what metal has become, but there are similarities and that's how the genre was born. Deep Purple was the earliest form of metal out there. When I get a list together, then you can really see what I mean.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
Ahh good stuff.

"Kill your mother rape your dog" has nothing to do with any of that but the governerment. Dying Fetus rocks!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wqOJD_TdIKY

haha yeah i can actually play some of that song on guitar..here is/was my band

http://www.myspace.com/everythingtofear

except we broke up and the recordings on there are from rehearsals recorded with a digital camera ha..it's funny i used to play in a band called terminally your aborted ghost and now the drummer from the everything to fear project plays drums for them and i'm not in it anymore...

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha nice!

he didn't actually use triggers for those but he did use those metal pad things on the bass drum. i forget what they are called. it's just like a rectangle metal pad.

edit: click pad maybe?? i think it was called a click pad?

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Too much death\black\etc metal in this thread.

I just prefer bands with both musical and vocal talents. Sadly most of these bands only have one of these, and it aint vocally. Some have neither which is even worse.

Screaming aint singing regardless of how you look at it. Its ashame that nowaday when people say metal they mean death/black/gimmick fake satanist metal. A guy with an upside down cross burned in his head....what a fucking douche poser.

I mean listen to what turns you on, im down with that. But the fact that these bands are considered metal disgusts me, they deserve in no way to be in the same genre as Maiden, Dio, Sabbath, Preist etc etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them