Healthii and SoftMii Themes on 4.1U?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RohitVerma, Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009
  1. RohitVerma
    OP

Newcomer RohitVerma Member

United States
    ..Are they still compatible?

2. bj4e2

Newcomer bj4e2 Advanced Member

Jamaica
    anything in mym format should work on 4.1

Me and Frylok has a massive compliation of themes on a certain site starts with a W, ends with an O

we have about 80 themes uploaded

3. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    the app file used for these things on the lates system menu version has changed. it's easy enough to convert. In fact you should be able to simply create the propper file with ease. You must first obtain a wad file for then system menu 4.1 This contains the app file you need to change. So unpack the wad file using wadunpack. Once unpacked check the output log displayed in the CMD console. you will be looking at the bottom where it reads

--- cid=0000007b

that is 00000001.app
    this is the theme file for system menu 4.1 NTSC. Believe it's also the same for pal just different files. you need to unpack this app file using U8Tool. Ok now you move back a bit. obtain the CSM file for 4.0 and rename it to a .app file if need be and unpack it with U8Tool. now go into the unpacked CSM file directory and find the folder labeled layout and copy the whole folder into the unpack 4.1 app file. Now take this unpacked 4.1 .app file and pack it again using U8Tool. this will repack the .app file with the new theme folder in place. Now simply take this newly packed app file and put it in a folder called CSM on the root of your SD card. and install it using mymenuify on the Wii. Ive done it with more than one theme.

4. RohitVerma
    OP

United States
    Lucky enough for me, I understand this unlike the common noob.
    2nd Question, am I to use this knowledge along with the Healthii File? I've already got a generated .app which isn't working as well as it should be (AKA it's nto working, period.) And sadly I can't post because as far as I know, .apps aren't legal to be given out, but CSM's and the like are.

5. RohitVerma
    OP

United States
    I've got a better idea. Just tell me all the letters besides the middle one.

6. cactusjack901

Newcomer cactusjack901 Advanced Member

United States
    does anybody know what the system menu version is for 4.1? I wanna use healthii, but I don't have a system menu WAD, nor do I know how to make one, if you couldn't figure it out already, I'm on 4.1

7. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Far as Im conserned my method is quite simple if done correctly. you just make sure that the files are in the correct place and use the right tools.

8. RohitVerma
    OP

United States
    Do you even know the fact you're answering your own question?
    You're asking for version which implies into Firmware, and you're telling me that you're on 4.1. You wasted an entire post answering yourself. Good job.

9. cactusjack901

United States
    well, I also have the problem of not having a Windows PC

Posts merged

Actually, Dingus, if you read the question, you'd know the answer was v449 (I figured this out since posting, I just can't find a wad). Nice going on being a moron

EDIT: ...well... v449 for 4.1U anyway (which is what I'm on)

10. RohitVerma
    OP

United States

I swear, kids these days have funny disses. I mean DINGUS? Really? I know I was wrong but come on, atleast diss me with a word that actually seems...liek a word at all.

11. cactusjack901

United States
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dingus >=) I also use moron in an endearing way. it's fun to make people think you're insulting them, when you're really not