Health & Safety app & cross-region Local Multiplayer questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by finn_91, Sep 27, 2016.

1. finn_91
    OP

finn_91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2013
    Russia
    Hello everyone.
    I think my time has come to ask a few lame questions.
    I have an A9LH installed japanese O3DS. Currently using SysNAND 11.0.0-33J and EmuNAND 11.0.0-33J.
    Before installing A9LH I had a RXTools. And back then I injected FBI into Health & Safety app both SysNAND and EmuNAND. I think I have RXTools made backup, but it's impossible now to restore it.
    It's troubling me a little. Thought to install it as *.cia but was unable to find.
    It's really a cosmetic issue. Everything works. And who really need a Health & Safety app? :D
    Yet I want to know, how can i have Health & Safety back?

And the second one:
    Yes, I've read that:
    "Region changing is almost completely unnecessary since Luma3DS supports out of region games and individual title region emulation."
    However it doesn't fix cross-region issue with Local Multiplayer, whatsoever.
    Can the guide be applied to change EmuNAND region? Plailect's guide isn't clear with it.

2. Exeat

Exeat Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    United States
    1. if you still have your HS.app you can Injeted it back into your NAND with decrypt9 but if you don't have it i Don't know of a way to get it back I know there is A way just don't know what it is

2. you can use luma locale switcher to run a game as a different region to play cross-region Local Multiplayer

3. finn_91
    OP

finn_91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2013
    Russia
    Unfortunately, I haven't that backup. I've read something about deleting app, then updating system. But kind of afraid to do that as not sure will that work.
    Well, and I have a pretty old 9.2 SysNAND backup... Of course I can restore it, make backup of H&S yet I wanna avoid that option for obvious reasons.
    There must be an easier way.

Nope. It doesn't fix cross-region Local Multiplayer, whatsoever. It's changing language, fixing non working games, and giving an error when trying to connect to local multiplayer.

4. Exeat

Exeat Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    United States
    Thought it would work because you can use it to get foreign Pokemon events but I guess not, i don't have a non US 3ds or know anyone who has one to test it out

5. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Grab the H&S Cia from 3DNUS and install it.

finn_91 likes this.
  6. finn_91
    OP

finn_91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2013
    Russia
    I wouldn't have asked without checking.
    Marvelous! Thanks! H&S back & working. ^_^

gnmmarechal likes this.
  7. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    thats not how it works. the region is still different.
    For the OP: you should be able to play locally as long as you have the same region cia and updates (if relevant)

8. finn_91
    OP

finn_91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2013
    Russia
    "Should" looks like somewhat uncertain.
    I've tried. It haven't worked. Maybe I screwed up at some point yet I doubt it.

So, can I change EmuNAND region using Plailect's guide?

9. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    you can change regions and it will work. The reason why I said should is because I don't remember if I successfully did it or not (outside of pokemon since they are the same game universally).

finn_91 likes this.
  10. finn_91
    OP

finn_91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2013
    Russia
    Wonderful. Thanks!

So I got all the answers I needed. Mods can close it, if they do this kind of stuff.

ih8ih8sn0w likes this.