Hacking Health and Safety screen switched from USA to JAP

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When pressing down all 4 directions on the Gamecube D-Pad the system firmware shows up (3.2USA) on the bottom right hand corner but whenever I put a newer game in to update it like Super Smash bros brawl (legit copy/retail) not burned it wont update...please help I can't get past the screen where it tells me the FW version of my wii. The wii became this way after I installed a theme using MyMenuify (spelling?) if someone has the files from this video to put on my sd card i believe this might fix it as i have done extensive research and have found this video quite informative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xticb6YH3WY

OH and i almost forgot to re-mention the fact that my Health and Safety screen is in JAPANESE!!! (I'm not kidding) it's the weirdest thing. And it just pops up in JAP with writing over the A button picture which doesn't even blink.

PLEASE HELP ME

I really want to fix my Wii.

Oh and No Priiloader/ StartPatch

but i do have the homebrew channel installed

and I do have Boot Disc Images burned onto DVD-R's like the BootMiiDiisc_v1 (only one currently)

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
slyboogy27 said:
When pressing down all 4 directions on the Gamecube D-Pad the system firmware shows up (3.2USA) on the bottom right hand corner but whenever I put a newer game in to update it like Super Smash bros brawl (legit copy/retail) not burned it wont update...please help I can't get past the screen where it tells me the FW version of my wii. The wii became this way after I installed a theme using MyMenuify (spelling?) if someone has the files from this video to put on my sd card i believe this might fix it as i have done extensive research and have found this video quite informative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xticb6YH3WY

OH and i almost forgot to re-mention the fact that my Health and Safety screen is in JAPANESE!!! (I'm not kidding) it's the weirdest thing. And it just pops up in JAP with writing over the A button picture which doesn't even blink.

PLEASE HELP ME

I really want to fix my Wii.

Oh and No Priiloader/ StartPatch

but i do have the homebrew channel installed

and I do have Boot Disc Images burned onto DVD-R's like the BootMiiDiisc_v1 (only one currently)
You installed a SM theme that is not for your region
Do you have Bootmii/boot2?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slyboogy27 said:
and No Priiloader/ StartPatch
Porobu said:
Do you have Bootmii/boot2?
QUOTE(slyboogy27 @ Dec 9 2010, 11:09 PM)
No I do not.

double-facepalm.jpg

How... why... what...
what on earth were you thinking modding a Wii without having bootmii or Priiloader, let alone using MyMenuify, then not checking the region of the menu?

*sigh*

In this case, it sounds like your only options will be with SaveMiiFrii or get a chip...neither of which I have used, sadly.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSBB is not a newer game, it has sm 3.1 update I believe. Put in a newer game, like NSMB or SMG2, retail copy, USA version and let it update you.

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I popped in a retail USA copy of NSMB and nothing updated
frown.gif
do I pop it in when the system firmware version pops up cuz that's what I did and nothing happened...

I also tried popping it in on the health and safety screen and nothing happened...

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
slyboogy27 said:
I popped in a retail USA copy of NSMB and nothing updated
frown.gif
do I pop it in when the system firmware version pops up cuz that's what I did and nothing happened...

I also tried popping it in on the health and safety screen and nothing happened...
So,you need to boot up the game, somehow... but no Priiloader, no Bootmii, can't access Wii menu...

181148_triple_facepalm_super_RE_The_most_awesome_thing_u_will_ever_see-s600x480-89034.jpg

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have a modchip.
I do not have cIOSCORP or DARKCORP, actually I'm not even sure what cIOSCORP OR DARKCORP even is.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you had a modchip or darkcorp/cioscorp installed you could load Multi-Mod Manger from disc and reinstall the system ios and system menu, but you don't. So the question now is why the heck is your wii not updating from disc. Try try try again, load savemiifrii, then when you see the 3.2 on the screen put in a retail disc with a system update greater than 3.2. It should update. If you continue to fail with the disc update your only other option is to install a modchip and load apps from disc to fix it.

manvslife12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you try SaveMiiFrii?
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPIzoqVizoQ
I Think it will work, SaveMiiFrii + modchip with autoboot will help you.
If not ->
biggrin.gif

151729_Facepalm_4x.jpg

If your wii can install bootmii as boot2 you can try nand programmer. This the last thing for you. Now try SaveMiiFrii
smile.gif

Good Luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr