Health and Safety didn't get backed up

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sharruken, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Sharruken
    OP

Sharruken Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Canada
    Okay, so, I was helping a friend of mine with getting A9LH + Luma installed, when they got a bit... overzealous and skipped the step where they were supposed to back up the health and safety app.

My question is -
    Even though I know it's not 100% needed to restore H&S can they restore it through another H&S dump?

2. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    At this point I would just keep FBI on there.You can keep FBI on the h&s app if you really want to.

3. Sharruken
    OP

Sharruken Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Canada
    yeah, that's what I said, they weren't exactly happy about it, so I thought I'd ask anyway

4. Shuu

Shuu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    Italy
    You can download hs app with 3dsnus and install it as a cia.

5. natinusala

natinusala GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    Just be careful to remove the old H&S app (which is now FBI) before installing the new one. Using the injected FBI install FBI.cia, and from the installed FBI remove the title which ID matches the H&S one. It should be called FBI too, be careful.

After that, just download the latest H&S cia from 3DNUS for your region and you're done.

6. AntLink

AntLink Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2017
    Venezuela
    Hello everyone, I will just add this to the post because it could be useful for someone else like it helped me.

I followed this guide and it worked perfectly. It says the following:

1. Install the latest release of FBI as CIA

2. Open it. On the main menu, navigate to Titles

3. Look for FBI with the red letters. The title ID should be 0004001000021300 for US and 0004001000022300 for EUR (same as H&S app)

4. Press A, then Delete Title

5. Exit and do a System Update. The original H&S app will be restored
    The only thing different for me was that I deleted the Health & Safety app with the ID 0004001000021300 (It was a mess up backup after all)

The update was done on an already up to date system (11.0.3-36 at the moment of this writing).

7. munchy_cool

munchy_cool GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2016
    United States
    can someone please upload the latest H&S safety app for N3ds-XL US version on 11.3. Dont have access to a Windows machine to download on my own.

Thanks.

8. munchy_cool

munchy_cool GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2016
    United States
    Another question.

is the H&S app console dependent or can I install H&S app from a N3dsXL running 11.2 and Luma to a n3ds-xl running 11.3 and Luma (both from same region).

Thanks