Hacking Health and Safety app MIA

Destron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first attempt at using custom firmware on a 3DS. I am following this tutorial:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

And I am at the part about installing FBI, i decided to do it both sysnand and emunand because I will probably want to use it for GBA games. It kept failing to install, which the guide said it might if you have linked nands, so I followed the steps to unlink them.

After formatting and setting up my 3DS again the health and safety information app is now gone from my sysnand. Is there a way to get it back?

Normally I wouldn't complain about this problem, but I need it to install FBI to sysnand.

My 3DS is currently on 6.1.x so I am thinking of upgrading sysnand to 9.x so I can use autoboot, should I just do that after I can get FBI installed or just use MSET?

Last edited by Destron,

Destron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved the issue by just restoring the NAND backup I made beforehand and starting fresh.

This happened because I injected the health and safety app before I did the reformat to unlink the NANDs.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could have also just booted sysnand with pasta and then installed fbi as cia via fbi in homebrew menu. No need to inject it into health and safety.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat