Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm probably gonna buy headphones in the near future. Can anyone give me a recommendation? Preferably no Skullcandy, or Sony, because they're not so good. Also, I have a small budget.

I've been looking at Koss porta pro, and the Sennheiser PX100. That's about the most I can afford in my current state. Does anyone have any experience with them? or can anyone give a good recommendation?

Note: I'm looking for Headphones, not Earphones, or IEMs.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I bought the PX100 and I absolutely recommend against it. The reason being that it has the worst sound isolation ever. Even music at low volumes can be herd at public places such as a restaurant by other people let alone a library. Outside noise can also easily overwhelm the music from the headphones. However, the sound is great, they are SLIGHTLY better than the MDRv300 when put in an isolated area. Although the sound isolation is not as good as Sony, the quality is AMAZING on this Koss (not to mention cheap), however, it's ugly and it's made for people who aren't afraid of looking like an ass.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
offtopic84 said:
I bought some Sennheiser CX300s. Same as Creative EP 630s. They have great isolation, and amazing bass.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-51MZ00...0/dp/B000EGJZ2O
Seconded, however, he is looking for headphones not earphones. Also, although they are good in sound and isolation, because of the direct contact with ears, it can cause various diseases (only on some people though), I had built up ear wax and eventually became ear infection with it.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to take a guess and say Ojsinnerz washes themselves regularly, and won't have to worry about that. I haven't had any problems with ear wax.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
offtopic84 said:
I'm going to take a guess and say Ojsinnerz washes themselves regularly, and won't have to worry about that. I haven't had any problems with ear wax.
And this is coming from a Persian.
rolleyes.gif

?? ???? ???? ?? ???

Dude, it's a condition, no matter how much you wash yourself you can not get rid of it. It's actually quite common among our population right now especially with our polluted air.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ha, ha.

If you don't have a buildup of ear wax, canal phones are very good for noise isolation and bass. You have to put them pretty far in to make a seal, but they are comfortable.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
Linkiboy said:
If you don't want others to hear your music in a library, don't set the volume so damn high.
Dude, you don't need to with those PX100 headphones. People who are not wearing the headphones will actually hear it better than you.
Flip the headphones and put them in the other way then
rolleyes.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Koss PortaPro

Fucking hands down...I have two in my apartment and use them everyday over speakers. Best value for your money in my opinion...they just look strange.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thx for all the replies, but I guess I should've said that I'm looking for headphones, and not IEMs and such.

The reason why is because my ears hurt a lot when I use ordinary stock earphones and such. I do like IEMs, but still hurt a bit. For some time, I've used the Shure E2c before, and I couldn't stand the pressure in the ears. The medium size felt too tight, and the smaller size makes it too loose. I gotta admit, it does have good sound quality though. And most people said that headphones will usually sound better.

One of the things I fear for the Koss porta pro, is that some people mentioned that the bass is overwhelming, even after the "break-in" period.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebright said:
Sennheiser's have the best sound, but there ergnomics SUCK. So, try some on before you buy them.
I disagree. HD280 Pros are some of the most damn comfortable headphones you'll wear in the ~100USD category.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Actually it lacks protability, I tried these fuckers at Radio Shack,I had hard time judging the sound with a SouljaBoy album, but man was it a MONSTER IN SIZE! It was slightly better than the Sony MDR-X series though.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What are you generally looking to use them for? Just stay-at-home stuff or do you wanna be able to take them with you? Do you intend to wear them for long periods of time? Do you mind if other people can hear a little bit of what you're listening to?

Recently I got a pair of these just for use with my PC and sometimes my NDS and iPod when I'm at home. They're lower-end audiophile headphones (ie. better than everything else
wink.gif
) and they sound wicked with pretty much everything. You hear bits in songs that you never knew existed, highs are sharp and clear, bass is also very clear and nice and thumpy without being overpowering. Sound doesn't leak unless they're really loud. They also cover your whole ear which means they stay comfortable after long periods of time. Unfortunately that means they're really big and not really portable at all
tongue.gif
They're also probably out of your price range, but I just thought I'd give you an idea of what you can get with a slightly bigger hit to your wallet (unfortunately they've been put up in price on that site, used to be $100US) - these particular cans probably don't agree with your intentions though which is why I asked for some more specifics.

Oh, by the way, people are generally unanimous in their opinions that these are superior to Sennheiser HD555s, which cost a hell of a lot more, so you'd be getting good bang for your buck
wink.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dirtie said:
What are you generally looking to use them for? Just stay-at-home stuff or do you wanna be able to take them with you? Do you intend to wear them for long periods of time? Do you mind if other people can hear a little bit of what you're listening to?

Recently I got a pair of these just for use with my PC and sometimes my NDS and iPod when I'm at home. They're lower-end audiophile headphones (ie. better than everything else
wink.gif
) and they sound wicked with pretty much everything. You hear bits in songs that you never knew existed, highs are sharp and clear, bass is also very clear and nice and thumpy without being overpowering. Sound doesn't leak unless they're really loud. They also cover your whole ear which means they stay comfortable after long periods of time. Unfortunately that means they're really big and not really portable at all
tongue.gif
They're also probably out of your price range, but I just thought I'd give you an idea of what you can get with a slightly bigger hit to your wallet (unfortunately they've been put up in price on that site, used to be $100US) - these particular cans probably don't agree with your intentions though which is why I asked for some more specifics.

Oh, by the way, people are generally unanimous in their opinions that these are superior to Sennheiser HD555s, which cost a hell of a lot more, so you'd be getting good bang for your buck
wink.gif

I need to use them while staying home, and in the school. I really don't care if I look like a dork, as long as it has good quality sound, not huge, and comfort., I wish I could afford the ones you recommended, but I can't afford them...

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
+1 for Koss Porta Pro
Only had the chance to try them for a very short time, but the sound was great for the price and they're very lightweight and quite comfy, too...
Can't say anything about isolation (they're open headphones, so you will hear your environment as usual...don't know if everyone around will be able to hear your music, though)...I can't recommend closed headphones for outside use, anyway (especially in school, where people will want to talk with you)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...