DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I try to listen to music or play games with headphones, the sound keeps on jumping up and down in volume; like one moment it's super loud and the next I can barely hear a thing. When I play with speakers though, the sound is fine. Anybody know the problem? Is it my DS itself or my headphones?

nagoo81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I've been having terrible luck with earbuds - I've gone through now 3 sets. The problem is always the right side bud, as it goes dead after a while. What's even weirder is that it's my 2nd DS that this is happening.

Anyone else have any problems? I guess I could be using some crappy 'phones.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to listen to music or play games with headphones, the sound keeps on jumping up and down in volume; like one moment it's super loud and the next I can barely hear a thing. When I play with speakers though, the sound is fine. Anybody know the problem? Is it my DS itself or my headphones?
Assuming these headphones work properly in other devices, I'd guess that dirty contacts are to blame.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
is the music file youre using a good quality one?
i had this issue with a nokiaphone i owned a while back and what it would do was whenever you hear a drumbeat, the sound level would go down
considering i listen to rock and metal, you notice it quite clearly, especially with songs that have a guitar only intro(smoke on water, fade to black)
the song then sounds kinda like a yo-yo, being loud and quietish at times
a good mp3 player doesnt have this issue, neither should a high bitrate mp3

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Had this problem with my MP3 player. The headphone socket in my MP3 player was crap and a bit too big so when i plugged earphone in it would move around in the socket and the sound would keep cutting out it was disgusting after a while. So i went out and looked for headphones with a slightly bigger jack in diameter and now my MP3 player works perfectly. So that could be your problem. Plug in your headphones and see if they move around in the jack.

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Great, now no sound comes out with earbuds.

They move, and are plugged in all the way, and even in games the sound is off.
frown.gif

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yup, use my brother's and they work fine. Maybe a better/more expensive pair need to come to me soon. Thanks goodnesh it wasn't a problem with my DS.

$200 headphones for Christmas!
tongue.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm... I had a problem sort of like that. I was listening to my DS when it was closed, and it worked fine, but from time to time, it would stop. I would have to open it back up and put the song in play. And no, it wasn't because the player didn't support "sleep mode".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-