Head of Sony Motion Pictures declares Uncharted the start of a "new hit movie franchise"

Uncharted-Movie-2.v1.jpg

It seems like Sony Pictures has plans for more of Tom Holland's Nathan Drake in the future. In an internal memo that leaked to Deadline, chairman of Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group Tom Rothman declared the film adaptation of Uncharted a "new hit movie franchise," also noting it has done well with audiences, citing its "90% positive audience score on Rotten Tomatoes." The film has also over-performed at the box office, grossing $51 million in the U.S. over President's Day weekend, when it was only expected to gross $30 million. In an interview with Deadline, director Ruben Fleischer said the worldwide gross as of February 21 was $139 million (on a $120 million budget), which Deadline attributes to Sony choosing not to release their films on streaming services during the pandemic, instead holding on to large event films for traditional theatrical release.

In that same interview, Fleischer says he's hopeful for a sequel and would like to direct the franchise again. Shortly before the film's release, he also announced he had begun some work on a Jak & Daxter film, which Tom Holland has also said he wants to star in, though we don't know right now if that project has been greenlit by Sony. Regardless, given Uncharted's success, it's likely we'll be seeing one or both of these projects soon.

:arrow: Source

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for this one it was because 1) He is a current money maker and 2) he is near spitting image of young Drake as depicted in the games that you've never played.
Dude, I've played Uncharted 1-3 and Golden Abyss. The only ones I haven't played yet are Uncharted 4 and the other one with the two women. Don't assume what I have and haven't played if you know nothing about me. Even if I haven't played the games, or haven't played all of them comparing Drake from the video games to Tom Holland from pics alone I still think it's a bad fit.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, I've played Uncharted 1-3 and Golden Abyss. The only ones I haven't played yet are Uncharted 4 and the other one with the two women. Don't assume what I have and haven't played if you know nothing about me. Even if I haven't played the games, or haven't played all of them comparing Drake from the video games to Tom Holland from pics alone I still think it's a bad fit.

Why do you feel it's a bad fit from pics alone, when pics show that he is a good fit? Holland isn't playing a nearly 40 old Drake. If young Drake direct from the game was a bit older, he and Holland would be near spitting images. People saying he's not a good fit are weird. If the movie had 38 year old Drake from Uncharted 4 then sure, I would agree Holland would be a bad fit. But as it stands, I will continue to say that they are in fact VERY similar looking for the age being portrayed. I'll just post this again...

Clipboard0.jpg

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you feel it's a bad fit from pics alone, when pics show that he is a good fit? Holland isn't playing a nearly 40 old Drake. If young Drake direct from the game was a bit older, he and Holland would be near spitting images. People saying he's not a good fit are weird. If the movie had 38 year old Drake from Uncharted 4 then sure, I would agree Holland would be a bad fit. But as it stands, I will continue to say that they are in fact VERY similar looking for the age being portrayed. I'll just post this again...

View attachment 299468
I think it's because maybe you're fanboying over Tom Holland or something you so die hard think he's a good fit, but hey, whatever the reason, it's your opinion, just like it's mine and many, many others opinion that he really isn't a good fit, which he kinda isn't. And it looks like the pic you posted looks like comparing a 10 year old video game Drake to what Tom Holland currently looks like, which is a bad comparison, but I can't tell since the Drake in the pic is transparent and hard to see.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it looks like the pic you posted looks like comparing a 10 year old video game Drake to what Tom Holland currently looks like.

Do you usually leave out important details in your arguments or? How about the part where I said "If young Drake direct from the game was a bit older, he and Holland would be near spitting images"? And fanboying? LMFAO. Okay. I didn't say anything about the movie being good or bad one way or another. Or anything regarding his acting abilities. Nothing of the sort. I'm simply saying he IS a good match for a young Drake. And the picture I posted supports my opinion very well. The transparency bit is nitpicking to try to (very poorly) defend your point. Dude, you can't tell me that the kid Drake wouldn't grow up to look like Holland does at the same age. Lmfao. They're nearly twins, but at different ages. One more thing, how can you say it's not fair to compare that Drake with Holland now. But it's perfectly fine for everyone, including yourself, to compare Hollands age now (while portraying a young Drake mind you), to either near 40 yr old Drake in the games or to 51 yr old Nolan North? The exact same argument can be said for your case. Exact. Thing is, the game itself backs up claims Holland being a good match, at least in looks, for a younger Drake.

Edit: He's also said to be 15 in the young chapters of U3. Add 10 years to that and you have someone who very much resembles Tom Holland. If you've played the game as sated, the transparency thing you nit picked about wouldn't be an issue. At this point I have to firmly believe you're just a part of the "But, but, but a 25 yr old actor portraying a younger Drake doesn't even look like 40 year old Drake!!!" train. Lmfao.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you usually leave out important details in your arguments or? How about the part where I said "If young Drake direct from the game was a bit older, he and Holland would be near spitting images"? And fanboying? LMFAO. Okay. I didn't say anything about the movie being good or bad one way or another. Or anything regarding his acting abilities. Nothing of the sort. I'm simply saying he IS a good match for a young Drake. And the picture I posted supports my opinion very well. The transparency bit is nitpicking to try to (very poorly) defend your point. Dude, you can't tell me that the kid Drake wouldn't grow up to look like Holland does at the same age. Lmfao. They're nearly twins, but at different ages. One more thing, how can you say it's not fair to compare that Drake with Holland now. But it's perfectly fine for everyone, including yourself, to compare Hollands age now (while portraying a young Drake mind you), to either near 40 yr old Drake in the games or to 51 yr old Nolan North? The exact same argument can be said for your case. Exact. Thing is, the game itself backs up claims Holland being a good match, at least in looks, for a younger Drake.

Edit: He's also said to be 15 in the young chapters of U3. Add 10 years to that and you have someone who very much resembles Tom Holland. If you've played the game as sated, the transparency thing you nit picked about wouldn't be an issue. At this point I have to firmly believe you're just a part of the "But, but, but a 25 yr old actor portraying a younger Drake doesn't even look like 40 year old Drake!!!" train. Lmfao.
Oh yeah, that response isn't fanboying at all.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, that response isn't fanboying at all.

If that's what makes you feel better sleeping tonight. Okay, then you got me I guess. I have posters of him all over my walls. Even a laminated one in the shower. Lmfao. Whatever. Cheap ass response when you lost the argument. "You a fanboy!". :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's what makes you feel better sleeping tonight. Okay, then you got me I guess. I have posters of him all over my walls. Even a laminated one in the shower. Lmfao. Whatever. Cheap ass response when you lost the argument. "You a fanboy!". :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
It was a shitty argument you started anyways because of some bug you have up your ass, so whatever makes you feel better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things