Hardware HDTV no Component slots?

dayjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I've got an LCD HDTV but for some stupid reason it doesn't have the Component video slots neccesary for 480p. Is there any converter that can be used to enable 480p or am I f***ed?
My TV has got:
USB slot
VGA slot
S-video slot
PC audio slot
HP slot
Composite video slots
HDMI slot (obviously)

dayjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting, but it looks like a bit of a hassle, what with it requiring a power source and I would have to constantly unplug and replug if I wanted to play on my PS3.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
normally, 480p looks better than 480i

But things can vary. For example, I have an expensive television with great deinterlacing capabilities. For most devices I actually get better image quality when I use an interlaced signal because after deinterlacing by my television the image looks better than if I had used a progressive signal from the start.

Most likely 480p will be better though.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that's what it's used for with this i can all all my devices including wii through my amp on 1 hdmi input. no need to change inputs to component and back
tongue.gif

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could try a converter to vga as these are passive they will be a lot cheaper in general, though you also need to convert convert the audio into a 3.5 mm jack those converters are also quite inexpensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: