HDMI Monitor for under $70?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Selim873, Nov 17, 2012.

Nov 17, 2012

HDMI Monitor for under $70? by Selim873 at 1:45 AM (436 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Selim873
    OP

Member Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

United States
    I don't care about screen size. Resolution, hoping above 1280x720. I'm trying to find a monitor to dual with my laptop, and also to be used as a screen for my PS3. I don't need speakers since I can output my PS3 sound on my laptop.

It just needs 1 HDMI port, that's all I ask, every monitor I found in my budget that looked okay only supported DVI or VGA. My laptop can output VGA but my PS3 can't. Any help would be nice. Thank you! :)

EDIT: I found one, hopefully it won't get taken after I get the money for it.

2. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    One thing you should keep in mind is that dvi supports hdmi connectivity, including hdcp checks. All you need is a dvi to hdmi adapter (go to monoprice) and the hdmi cable then (or an hdmi/dvi cable).

I don't think dvi carries sound though, but I'd hope you're not using the monitor speakers anyway.

Long story short, don't buy it solely because of hdmi, because dvi works with hdmi anyway.

3. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    Yes dvi supports hdmi but not all displays with only dvi support the checks. I have a really nice hd projector with dvi but it does not support hdcp checks. Just do some research before you buy.