Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although I've been using ESR pretty much for all of my backups, it's hindering my enjoyment of .hack//GU since the cutscenes are stuttering horribly. And yes, I'm pretty sure it isn't my PS2 or the DVD drive, since my legit copies of other games runs smoothly without any hiccups during fmvs. I've also burned the game on to 3 different dvd-r brands (Sony, HP, and Memorex) at both 2x and 3x, and they all yielded the same results. So in order for me to enjoy the game without being annoyed at the constant stuttering, I've decided to try an HDD solution for the game. What would you guys recommend: HDLoader or HDAdvance?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh...HDLoader, which HDAdvance ripped off. HDLoader is also free and has better compatibility since it's still being updated...somewhat.

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
USB Advance has compatibility issues, sometimes buggy during game play and sometimes slower then the disc loading itself. HDLoader is way better, but it'll only work with a hard drive and a fat PS2, the one with the network adapter, unless your good at soldering a IDE cable you can use HDLoader on a slim.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have the regular model along with a network adapter. Anyway, I've decided to go with HDLoader but I have a question.

Is it possible to format only a partition of the drive? I looked at a program called Winhiip but it only seems to let me format the entire drive 2 and not a partition. The reason why I'm asking is because the IDE HDD is also used for the Wii's USB Backup Launcher (I use an IDE to USB 2.0 Cable to convert it to a USB Hard Drive), and I don't want to lose any of the Wii games on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans