PS1/2 HDLBATCH 1.1 Update (100MB/s - 150MB/s PS2 HDD batch installer using HDL DUMP)

• Thread starter rs1n
  • Start date
  • Views 74,188
  • Replies 104
  • Likes 14

rs1n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off sorry bout bumping an old thread but this is in regards to this program I have a 1tb laptop hdd most games transfer but i have an english translated game (can't share it) but hdl batch said not a valid ps2 disc (I assume something like the crc checksum or something doesn't match the game_id.txt how do i edit it and input the new data into game_id.txt to make it work?

edit
weird the game id checks out then why would the translation fail

game is //.hack fragment (SLPS-25527)

Do you already have a non-translated version installed? It won’t install if there already exists a game with the same ID installed. Otherwise you might have more useful information reported by trying to install just that single translation by itself (ie use a new directory with only that game in it)

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no there isn't a copy on the hdd but now that i got an oem network/ide adapter + hdd I get a new error using network install it pings my ps2 ok but installing any game results into a "network communication error"basicly the connection drops might try a direct connection next..... nope not even a direct ethernet connection works same error

Last edited by chrisrlink,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried HDLDUMB(X) and HDLGameInstaller too just to make sure same issue (I think)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31.7 KB · Views: 210

rs1n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing at a time. Network installs require running hdlserver. Do you have a screenshot of the hdlserver running? Or did you get past the network issues? (And if so what solved it?)

Can you provide an MD5 checksum of fighter maker? And what Game ID is it?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for the first one I bought another "fake" sata adapter (so no ethernet) as for the other question the ID is SLUS-20524

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i should also note WINHIIP works on that game

ibbanez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have run the test, it detected all my ISO's, It seems my HDD, but when I run it for real, I get 00000002 (2): The system cannot find the file specified. At first I was trying it through a mapped network drive, so I thought that might be the issue, but then I copied it to a local drive and it is still doing this. HDL Help 2.3 GUI works fine, and everything reads the drive correctly, but I've tried searching and cant find anything about this issue with this script. I even outputted the cmdline to a text file and all the ISO's show up in the file with their names. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ibbanez,

rs1n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have run the test, it detected all my ISO's, It seems my HDD, but when I run it for real, I get 00000002 (2): The system cannot find the file specified. At first I was trying it through a mapped network drive, so I thought that might be the issue, but then I copied it to a local drive and it is still doing this. HDL Help 2.3 GUI works fine, and everything reads the drive correctly, but I've tried searching and cant find anything about this issue with this script. I even outputted the cmdline to a text file and all the ISO's show up in the file with their names. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you running the script with admin rights? Did you format the HDD with uLaunchELF (using the hddmanager program found in the MISC folder) on your PS2 first?

Also, any output you captured to a text file would be helpful.

Last edited by rs1n,

Bodrick89

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I appear to be having to having the issue you fixed in version 1.12 even though I'm using v1.15. I'm having the same issue with paths that you fixed for a user in 2019, early in the comments for this post. After every file reads "APA partition is broken; aborting"

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appear to be having to having the issue you fixed in version 1.12 even though I'm using v1.15. I'm having the same issue with paths that you fixed for a user in 2019, early in the comments for this post. After every file reads "APA partition is broken; aborting"
your PS2 partition got screwed up, use uLE/wLE to reformat it

Ichisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Having issue over USB 3.0 thinking that there was something wrong with all the tools I've tried.... But porbably there is something wrong with the adapter or USB 3.0 /cable. Using USB 2.0.

Quick question:
What happens if I have to update the list of installed games on the HDD? Let's say that I've already installed 4 games from a certain folder. In that same folder I have put 4 new games. Will the program skip the ones already on the HDD?

ch13696

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried editing the batch file so more than 4 hard drives would be recognized. My PS2 HDD is set to hdd5, but for some reason when running the batch file and choosing hdd5 (option4) it always goes to hdd3. I even changed the error levels to reflect that. Is there something else in the batch file I need to change?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. This software looks like the solution I need to build a 2TB PS2 Phat HDD but I have ONE TINY PROBLEM...
The system I have all my PS2 ISOs on has a butt-load of HDDs in it. This batch file sees my PS2 formatted HDD I want to install to but it's HDD13 on my system and there is no way I can realistically work around it to make it one of the first 3 HDDs registered to my PC.
While I have some basic windows batch file skills, they are not good enough to figure out how to support entering "13" to select my correct PS2 HDD. Does anyone know if perhaps I could just hard-code it somehow to use HDD13? I have ZERO problems with needing to modify the batch file to set the correct disk - I just don't know how.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

EDIT: Figured it out. This script ROCKS!!! Thank you sooo much!!

Last edited by esmith13,

rs1n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issue over USB 3.0 thinking that there was something wrong with all the tools I've tried.... But porbably there is something wrong with the adapter or USB 3.0 /cable. Using USB 2.0.

Quick question:
What happens if I have to update the list of installed games on the HDD? Let's say that I've already installed 4 games from a certain folder. In that same folder I have put 4 new games. Will the program skip the ones already on the HDD?
It will just say the game is already installed and skip over those. However, for speed reasons, it's best to just create a new folder of the new games you want to install. Then you can combine everything on your computer if you want to consolidate.

rs1n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried editing the batch file so more than 4 hard drives would be recognized. My PS2 HDD is set to hdd5, but for some reason when running the batch file and choosing hdd5 (option4) it always goes to hdd3. I even changed the error levels to reflect that. Is there something else in the batch file I need to change?
Code:
    echo PLAYSTATION 2 HDD INSTALLATION
    echo     1. hdd1:
    echo     2. hdd2:
    echo     3. hdd3:
    echo     4. Network
    echo     5. QUIT PROGRAM
    choice /c 12345 /m "Select your PS2 HDD"

if errorlevel 5 goto :EOF
    if errorlevel 4 (
        set /p "hdlhdd=Enter IP of the Playstation 2: "
        ping -n 1 -w 2000 !hdlhdd!
        if errorlevel 1 (
            echo Unable to ping !hdlhdd! ... ending script.
            pause
            goto :EOF
        )
    ) else (
        if errorlevel 1 set hdlhdd=hdd1:
        if errorlevel 2 set hdlhdd=hdd2:
        if errorlevel 3 set hdlhdd=hdd3:
    )

In this code block, you can just change both occurrences of hdd3: to hdd5: (note the colon) in both the echo line and the else block. Just change one of the first three options to what you need and keep options 4 and 5 as-is.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I need some help, if you please.

My setup:
ps2 fat 3xxx
internal 2,5'' sata 3 1tb hdd
official sony network adapter with sata mod
external usb sata hdd case, to put the hd on my pc.

goals:
-Put 800gb of games (some isos, some duallayer, some cd based, some bin/cue, some isos), use opl 1.1, be happy.

steps:
-Burned ulaunch (wLaunchELF Releases by SP193 and AKuHAK) ps2-home forums
wLaunchELF_v4.43a (rev288)-2020-03-19 (commit-f35bddd).zip

-launched ulaunch.elf on ps2, formated my hdd just fine, created +OPL partition (4gb). Ok

Errors:

-Freehdboot won't install, my workaround was to install freeMCboot. Ok, but I couldn't understand why. Error is shown "failed to install". On MC, the install went ok, and it's fine for me.

This one:

-When, i do get things right, My gamefiles have no name patterns, do i need to rename them before I Use your batch install utility?

UPDATE:
-When i format harddrive, several partitions are made, but when i put my hardrdrive on pc, then i put it back on ps2, only 2 were shown under ulaunch's hdd manager: _mbr and _net. Normal?

Last edited by almmiron,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help, if you please.

My setup:
ps2 fat 3xxx
internal 2,5'' sata 3 1tb hdd
official sony network adapter with sata mod
external usb sata hdd case, to put the hd on my pc.

goals:
-Put 800gb of games (some isos, some duallayer, some cd based, some bin/cue, some isos), use opl 1.1, be happy.

steps:
-Burned ulaunch (wLaunchELF Releases by SP193 and AKuHAK) ps2-home forums
wLaunchELF_v4.43a (rev288)-2020-03-19 (commit-f35bddd).zip

-launched ulaunch.elf on ps2, formated my hdd just fine, created +OPL partition (4gb). Ok

Errors:

-Freehdboot won't install, my workaround was to install freeMCboot. Ok, but I couldn't understand why. Error is shown "failed to install". On MC, the install went ok, and it's fine for me.

This one:

-When, i do get things right, My gamefiles have no name patterns, do i need to rename them before I Use your batch install utility?

UPDATE:
-When i format harddrive, several partitions are made, but when i put my hardrdrive on pc, then i put it back on ps2, only 2 were shown under ulaunch's hdd manager: _mbr and _net. Normal?
well for one hdd limit is 2tb for ps2 not 3

mario64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all thank you for making this excellent tool. I used it to install many games onto my 2TB HDD without issue. I now want to add around 50 or so more games. Can I still use this? Will it recognize the existing games and just install the new ones?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?