Hacking HDD wariness

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just got some USB Y-cables for my 500 GB HDD (the same one I used on the regular Wii), and the cables themselves have gotten very good reviews, so I don't doubt it'll work. However, there is a niggling fear or concern I have in regards to using this with the Wii U. The first one being, in Wii U mode, there will be a nag telling me to format, with that in place, there are two ways to go about this. Either one, use the UStealth and "hide" the partition to prevent the Wii U from seeing it. Or two, holding the B button during the boot process and go to vWii Mode. The latter option worries me for one reason only, when the console boots up "twice" (once when showing the Wii U logo and then when it switches to vWii), doesn't that add extra power/strain to the HDD when it has to switch modes like that? Will the data be safe at all during the transition while holding B.

Or, would it simply be better to use UStealth, hide the partition and go from Wii U menu to vWii? I want to use this for homebrew, just want to double check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on