Hacking Hdd to Hdd

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a hdd which has fat32 and wbfs partition. Want to use a bigger hdd, so what's the best way to transfer all the games to the new hdd?

Thanks

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Tranfer to comp then to new drive much less chance of currupting games this way.
Done HDD to HDD a few times always get a lot of errors that you dont pick up untill you start a game

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
Tranfer to comp then to new drive much less chance of currupting games this way.
Done HDD to HDD a few times always get a lot of errors that you dont pick up untill you start a game

ah shoot, was hoping this wasnt the case. Whats the best app to make the partition?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ganons said:
cobleman said:

ah shoot, was hoping this wasnt the case. Whats the best app to make the partition?

i'm use partition magic and why don't use ntfs for wii?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
zizer said:
ganons said:
cobleman said:

i'm use partition magic and why don't use ntfs for wii?

If you're USB HDD is 100% NTFs (ie no WBFS partition) then copying to a bigger HDD is simple.

However, as NTFS support was not available from the start of USB loaders - then some people might night have bothered to re-format their drives and reinstall the games they had.

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can use ntfs fine now?
wouldnt having ntfs mean bigger backup size?

will give wii game manager a shot

thanks guys

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
I can use ntfs fine now?
wouldnt having ntfs mean bigger backup size?

will give wii game manager a shot

thanks guys
Yep NTFS loading works perfectly fine with the latest cfg loader. I havent tried saving/install a retail disc directly to the drive via the Wii yet, I guess there are some issues with that, but supposedly CleanRip will work with NTFS games.

Also:
))((
back and forth forever.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
i think sticking with wbfs is the best choice

WBFS Partitions are a waste. WBFS FILES on FAT32/NTFS partition gives you all of the benefits of scrubbed files and splitting for FAT32 without the wastefulness of a WBFS partition.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
why is it a waste? will games that were on a wbfs partition transfer fine on fat32/ntfs?

Lets say you have a 500gb usb drive and want to use it for other things besides Wii games (movies and music for instance, to be used with WiiMC). Lets also say you have about 200gb worth of Wii games (scrubbed) and are planning on download more games in the future. Do you make the entire drive WBFS? That wouldn't leave any space for other things so thats kind of a waste. Do you format it 50-50, but 250gb isn't a lot when you've already got 200gb worth of games and plan on getting more. So where do you find the middle ground without wasting space? You use FAT32 or NTFS of course! That way you can have all your games and whatever else all in one partition. Easy peasy. Capish?

If you really don't care about using the HDD for anything else, and want it to be a simple and easy as can be then use a WBFS partition. If your like me and like to be flexible and have a robust system, then use FAT32 or NTFS. Also with NTFS/FAT32 you can use generic programs to defrag/recover files, whereas WBFS partitions only work with a few WBFS programs. and have very little data management options.

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
seems like wii backup manager done a fantastic job of copying between the drives. Though Super Smash Bros Brawl did not not copy over. I think dumping from disc is worth a try. Does copying dual layerd games to ntfs cause problems?

edit: isnt cleanrip for gamecube games only?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: