LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all. I just bought a 160gb USB 2.5 External enclosure (I think its sata) HD. I did load it up in usb loader GX first (rev 719) and the loader did detect my HD.Now when I want to format it to WBFS, it shows that my HD Has 4 partitionned areas that has 10226.3gb , 120gb,122gb and 320.36gb. And my HD is only 160gb... Today I have been formatting and partionning the drive for a REALLY long time and still no go... I have tried formatting it using AlexDp's WBFS Manager 3.0 and it worked. Then I did set some games on the drive and when I went to put the drive in my wii and load it up with Usb Loader GX, it still detects the drive as if it wasn't formatted to WBFS... I have tried all the loaders I can think of and I am starting to go nuts from this... So if any of you know what is the problem please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Please Help

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try going into Disk Management on windows and deleting the partitions(s).

Then recreate 1 partition, then try formatting with WBFS Manager in Windows, or USB Loader GX on the Wii

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Retrievil said:

Then recreate 1 partition, then try formatting with WBFS Manager in Windows, or USB Loader GX on the Wii

Just tried what you did... I formatted my whole HDD to a new fresh NTFS. Then I did Partition one part to 130gb NTFS as primary then 19.05gb into Fat 32 as Logical. And USB Loader still shows that I have 4 partitions but this time around, it showed that I had 302gb, 371 gb, 1292gb and 105 gb...

New Update. My HDD is a Fujitsu. It formats well on the pc to WBFS, but when I put it on the usb loader apps that I use (Usb Loader GX, Usb Loader 1.1/1.5/ Neo Gamma r8) It doesn't find the WBFS Partition and still asks me to format it and shows me that glitched partition screen...Thanks for your help though. ANY Type of help I would GREATLY appreciate it.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a weird one, What Retrievil said to do should have worked.

Maybe delete all partitions, assign it a drive letter, and then try to format the single partition to WBFS using WBFS Manager (I have formatted all my wii HDs on the PC) or in the Wii.

What cIOS are you on?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aslo, make sure all partitions you create on the drive are PRIMARY. if you want more then 1 partition always make sure the WBFS partition is the second 1. Before formatting to WBFS, format it to NTFS using QUICKFORMAT (full format is not needed). For best compatibility use WBFS manager 3.01 to format the WBFS partition

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Darkshadow96 said:
Retrievil said:

Just tried what you did... I formatted my whole HDD to a new fresh NTFS. Then I did Partition one part to 130gb NTFS as primary then 19.05gb into Fat 32 as Logical. And USB Loader still shows that I have 4 partitions but this time around, it showed that I had 302gb, 371 gb, 1292gb and 105 gb...

New Update. My HDD is a Fujitsu. It formats well on the pc to WBFS, but when I put it on the usb loader apps that I use (Usb Loader GX, Usb Loader 1.1/1.5/ Neo Gamma r8) It doesn't find the WBFS Partition and still asks me to format it and shows me that glitched partition screen...Thanks for your help though. ANY Type of help I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I think your problem is from formatting the drive as NTFS first, WBFS Manager doesnt like to format NTFS drives if I remember correctly so use the disk manager to delete the partition, then create a new (raw) partition, assign a drive letter and do not format

In WBFS Manager Select the letter of your hard drive (that you just assigned) and then click Format.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cool a lot of people came to help me =D. Ok, what I did was, Go in Disk Management. Deleted the WHOLE partition. Then I went on WBFS Manager 3.1 to format the whole partition then it said it worked. Now when I go on the Wii, it says I did not format it.

@Lufian Guy: I'm on cIOS 14.
@HellFireXS: That sounds good I will try it in a few mins.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I did what HellFireXS said and now in WBFS Manager 3.1 its saying it has an error formatting the drive. The drive is now "Raw". I will try now to format it through USB Loader Gx.

Edit...: Nvm.. USB Wasn't connected...Will edit this post if it worked or not.
Update: Still no go. I did exactly what HellFireXS said and when I go on Usb Loader GX, it still shows that I did not format the HD. And it says that I have 4 partitions on it. Which I don't.
Partition1: 371.43GB
Partition2: 378.99GB
Partition3: 233.29GB
Partition4: 1292.92GB

That whole part doesn't make no sense what so ever... Any other ideas? Thanks everyone else that helped me.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this drive on the compatibility list? i have a lacie one tb drive that acts pretty much like yours, i can format it in windows, or on a mac, i can access it and format it via a wbfs manager, and even a gx install can see it, and see it as having partitions it wants to format, but it cannot actually format or access games on it...as its not on the drive compatibility list.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I checked on the compatibility list a lot before I went to the store to pick up the HD and I never saw the one that I have on the list. Usb Loader GX DO detect my HD but then it says some crap about my HD having 4 partitions that are WAY out of the current space of my HD. I have tried with all the Usb Loader's I can think of. My Usb Flash Drive (4GB) works perfectly but I want to use my HD since its 160GB.

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah sorry I don't know then that is exactly what I did with my harddrive and it worked (I use a Hatachi 250 GB harddrive I installed myself to an external enclosure)

Do you have any other spare hard drives kicking around (any size) you may be able to put one of them in the enclosure you bought and try it.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... I don't think I do... Well it looks like I will just need to get a new HD right? If so, what brand do you recommend? Last time I went to one of the stores I saw a Seagate 500GB for 100$ (but I've read on another thread that Seagate isn't good anymore
sleep.gif
) Then I saw a 1TB Maxtor(I think it was Maxtor or Nas) for 124$. You think any of those would do some justice for Usb Loader?

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
some external HDs use invisible partitions as caches (of sort). I had one a while back. In Windows the drive management GUI doesnt detect them right, you need to use a proper partition software. Search for, and downlaod Paragon Partition Magic (any version from 7+)

Use Partition magic to delete all of the partitions it detects, so that there is only one remaining. Assign a drive leeter to it and then select the option to make it active. Format it as Fat32 if it lets you, but if not leave it as raw.

Then WBFS will detect it and once you format it as WBFS in WBFS Manager 3+ it will work fine..

ie./ Dont use WIndows disk management use Paragon's Prtition Magic ..

Hope that helps you.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkshadow96 said:
I checked on the compatibility list a lot before I went to the store to pick up the HD and I never saw the one that I have on the list.
so you bought one that you knew wasnt compatible?

caveat emptor, i suppose.

Darkshadow96 said:
Usb Loader GX DO detect my HD but then it says some crap about my HD having 4 partitions that are WAY out of the current space of my HD.
that has been my experience with incompatible drives as well...not that they cannot be seen, but that they cannot be formatted and therefore used.

QUOTE(Darkshadow96 @ Sep 10 2009, 12:17 PM)
I have tried with all the Usb Loader's I can think of.
drive compatibility is a function of the cios, i believe, not the loader.

i bought a seagate free agent 500gb from best buy for $80, it works like a charm and can hold roughly 240 games.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I did not know if it was compatible or not. It wasn't listed on the Compatibility list so I thought no one bought/tried it. I saw a few Seagate Free Agent 500GB but their for 100$ do you think its worth it?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkshadow96 said:
I did not know if it was compatible or not. It wasn't listed on the Compatibility list so I thought no one bought/tried it.
so, you're a risk taker? that's cool...sometimes it just doesn't work out, i suppose.

QUOTE(Darkshadow96 @ Sep 10 2009, 07:54 PM) I saw a few Seagate Free Agent 500GB but their for 100$ do you think its worth it?
i do, it would be hard to find a drive for less dollars per gig, i'd imagine. getting 250gb for $70, or doubling it for $30 more seems like a good use of your money...but, essentially, it comes down to how many games you intend to store on it, or if you intend to carve it up into multiple partitions and use if for other wii/usb apps.

bonne chance.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well currently I don't need to partition the new one that I would buy since I have this one here already. I would probably need a 160-250/ (500GB is too big). So that would roughly take 60-150games? 160-250GB I'm talking about. Well thanks for your help I appreciate it and I will look into Seagate Free Agent even if I do get 500GB doesn't matter..

Merci.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2