Hacking HDD Partition question

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I have here a 500GB Imation External HDD. I used to have a 320GB Buffalo External HDD in 2009 that I used for playing games on the Wii but after a few months it died. My Uncle gave me his External HDD as a Christmas gift.

Now I want to Partition the HDD into 2 parts. 50GB in FAT32 (Wii Apps etc), and the rest in NTFS (Wii Games,Movies,Songs etc). So here are my following questions

1. I don't know the best application to use in Partitioning a HDD. Can you recommend me some tools that I can use?
2. Do I need to set both in Primary?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try EaseUS Partition Master, I think you can get a free home version. It seems to be recommended by many people here. I think Windows should be able to do something this easy as well, probably from Disk Management, but I don't really know how.

Sam895

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You can use windows disk manager for partitioning
1:Open disk manger (Go to run, enter diskmgmt.msc)
2:Select your HDD
3:Right click on your device name> delete volume(this will format the HDD) Refer pic
4:Right click on the unallocated space and select New Simple Volume
5:Enter the desired space you want to allot to a partition.
6:Assign drive letters etc.
7:Click on finish & your partition is created! Repeat steps 4-7 for creating other partitions.
You have mentioned the following
Now I want to Partition the HDD into 2 parts. 50GB in FAT32 (Wii Apps etc), and the rest in NTFS (Wii Games,Movies,Songs etc).
So...excluding the 50 GB, you want to store your wii games & use them with usb loader gx right?
if yes, then you need to create a different partition exclusively for wii games.

Instructions.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.