Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I’m planning to hack my Wii u and install wii u games, wii games, NGC games, VC games etc...

My question is, can i only buy a big micro SD card or do i need an externall hdd, or simply one of them is simpler to use?

Thank you

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What size should i buy for the SD then?

Will a micro sd with usb adaptor will work as an external hdd?
32GB minimum.

A usb adaptor will act as a hdd, but you'll need a second sd card in the Wii U sd slot to install the games to it, and if you're wanting a few games, then a hdd instead is a much more cost effective buy.
EDIT: Take a look at eipok's 'Ultimate' (rather subjective word - let's just say Ultimate for himself...) rig - Link - He's got 3 sd cards (and 2 readers) 200GB each - that's a fair bit of moolah: shop around and you can buy a 1TB external hdd for around the price of a 200gb sd card...

Last edited by mightymuffy,

wolf69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
32GB minimum.

A usb adaptor will act as a hdd, but you'll need a second sd card in the Wii U sd slot to install the games to it, and if you're wanting a few games, then a hdd instead is a much more cost effective buy.
EDIT: Take a look at eipok's 'Ultimate' (rather subjective word - let's just say Ultimate for himself...) rig - Link - He's got 3 sd cards (and 2 readers) 200GB each - that's a fair bit of moolah: shop around and you can buy a 1TB external hdd for around the price of a 200gb sd card...

Thank you your reply and the thread.

Last question regarding NGC games, can i launch them from the usb instead of the SD, any cons about that? Could i be able to play them on the gamepad?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you your reply and the thread.

Last question regarding NGC games, can i launch them from the usb instead of the SD, any cons about that? Could i be able to play them on the gamepad?
Yes and yes. But to play Wii and GC from a Wii U formatted drive you need to use Wii VC injects rather than USB loaders.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the cons of doing that?
If you have a cold boot solution, none imo. It uses the same application as you would if you weren't to use injects. Now, if making separate inject titles for each game is a con in your eyes, then there is that. But playing injects also allows you to play your GameCube games with a gamepad rather than a GameCube controller connected to the USB adapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.