HDD Needs reformat after SSBB setting change?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SynnerX, Jun 6, 2010.

Jun 6, 2010
  1. SynnerX
    OP

Newcomer SynnerX Newbie

United States
    I would just like to know if I can fix my HDD with all my games on it without losing them, in any way. What happened was...

I read that cios222 for Super Smash Bros Brawl would fix the video error that causes it to crash when cut scenes play. I went into game settings, changed it from cios249 (working fine, just the video bit not working) to cios222 and hit "save" but forget to reset my wii. I hope that wasn't the cause..and if so, kind of weak. I turned it back on after it went black and i had to do a hard shut down to reset it, and when I loader USB Loader GX up, it was as if the drive was new, asking me to format, no partition was found. When JUST before the cios change it worked perfect with all of my games. I have a US/NTSC Wii 4.1U, couldn't tell you which version of USB Loader GX for sure......I would just like to know how I can fix it without losing all my games. I installed WBFS Manager and it says the HDD needs to be formatted as well. If anyone knows how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you!

2. SparksCapone

Newcomer SparksCapone Newbie

United States
    If you were using an NTFS partition with a wbfs folder for your games, I would try one of the free partition table doctor programs. (google is your friend)
    I do not know if any of them would recognize a WBFS partition though, if that is how your drive was set up.
    Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about WBFS partitions can help you out...