Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i was brought a laptop today to see if i could fix it and when i booted it up the message that showed up was "Operating System Not Found". Well i decided to just go the easy route and throw in a bootable Windows 7 CD, i click install and chose 64x (i tried both 32x and 64x of windows 7) and when i went to install no drives would show up.

Any ideas to why? The CD itself will show up but that's it and i tried refreshing and browsing for it with no luck.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The laptop was likely dropped and the hard drive is busted. Can you hear it making any clicking noises or is it excessively loud when you turn it on--like its trying to read the hdd? Basically, you just need to buy a new hard drive or throw in an old 2.5" drive.

Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The laptop was likely dropped and the hard drive is busted. Can you hear it making any clicking noises or is it excessively loud when you turn it on--like its trying to read the hdd? Basically, you just need to buy a new hard drive or throw in an old 2.5" drive.

It makes no noises all all other then the small fan.

xXMortalKombatXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
do it the old good way, open it, clean everything up and put back in, also clean the heat dissipators or other core components so your costumer will probably want to come back to you if anything else happens, if that doesn't work try a sata to USB adapter you probably have and plug to another computer, if it can't be read it's probably dead, ask the person how old the HDD is, 10% break in 1 year of heavy use, around 15 in the second and it starts growing by 11% at each starting by the third

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded