Dabu47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey,

I'm facing a strange issue: I have an HDD formatted in FAT32 containing my Wii games in a folder wbfs. This HDD works on my original Wii for both loaders WiiFlow and USBLoader and can launch games fluently through it. When I connect this HDD to my Wii U with a Y-cable, it is also detected and even asked to be formated (I won't hide it through U-Stealth until I haven't resolved my issue ofc).

When I switch on my vWii mode, I can see that the usage indicator LED on my HDD won't light anymore, neither do I feel the HDD running in my hand. USB Loader and Wiiflow won't detect my HDD and if I try open my USB device through a WAD Manager, it returns me an error saying that no HDD were found. So it kind of "hibernate" once I get in my vWii but will be detected in my WiiU after I get back on the Wii U menu again.

I was first thinking of doing a syscheck (which I could still do if any of you want it) but right now I'm stuck in a weird situation where I think I screwed up my vWii hack (even if I've followed this guide very carefully).

Does any of you have an idea of what could be happening and blocking the usage of my HDD in vWii mode ?

Last edited by Dabu47,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try going into the secret, hdd sub menu. I forgot the way you do it, but it allows you to turn off "sleep" for an hdd.

Dabu47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't have access to the Wii U right now, but will definitely try it in a few minutes. Can I access this option without formatting the HDD though (as it is in the Data Management / Format USB Storage Device settings) ?

Dabu47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can confirm I need to format to enable this option, I'm transfering my wbfs to another HDD and will get back with the result of the test after it's done.

Dabu47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After formatting my HDD and disabling the HDD sub menu, it is finally working. What a dumb option especially considering it's hidden from user interface... Thanks again, I could have wasted hours on this.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: