HDCP

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happens exactly when something is hdcp compliant? is there no video or audio? does the device lose its connection at random times? I was trying to hook up a box to strip the audio from hdmi. it works with both my receiver and my tv, but the connection cuts out randomly. could that be hdcp? if so, what should I do about it? I bought a couple of those boxes with two hdmi outputs that's supposed to strip hdcp, so should I connect that on the output of the device that's stripping the audio, so that every device that's plugged in is being stripped of hdcp or does it not work that way?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happens exactly when something is hdcp compliant? is there no video or audio? does the device lose its connection at random times? I was trying to hook up a box to strip the audio from hdmi. it works with both my receiver and my tv, but the connection cuts out randomly. could that be hdcp? if so, what should I do about it? I bought a couple of those boxes with two hdmi outputs that's supposed to strip hdcp, so should I connect that on the output of the device that's stripping the audio, so that every device that's plugged in is being stripped of hdcp or does it not work that way?
U need to get an HDMI splinter that is no higher then v1.3 as it ignores the DRM signal

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U need to get an HDMI splinter that is no higher then v1.3 as it ignores the DRM signal

what happens if you don't do that? the thing is that I'm trying to figure out why I lose sync (the signal jumps to another device). sometimes this happens almost instantly; other times, it's like an hour+ before it loses sync. is that what will happen with hdcp or do you simply get no video?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi cables work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: the L hdmi cables work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them...