• Start date
  • Views 5,681
  • Replies 23

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think some of you people are confused on how this device works. It doesn't increase the resolution of the Wii. The Wii's hardware can only ever output at a max of 480p. This device simply stretches the image and applies a smoothing filter to it. You're in effect, just getting a device that "enhances" the color and puts a mild blur to hide alaising to a degree. Whether or not you find it an improvement is a matter of personal taste.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, component is great. TBH I'd get that first and see how your TV handles the signal. Some do an amazing job while others are a bit pap.

For example my TV doesn't need any anti-aliasing turned on at all when playing PC games, and even my NES looks ok on it, but I take the same PC or console round to one particular friends and it looks shit. Both 36' (so I guess small now days), 1080p TV's and his was about 3 times the price

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
so i was in the market for a product like this and was considering buying it but at the end of the day it did not make sense to me it was pretty expensive and it also if i remember correctly does not display 480i which alot of vc games use.

so i did some reasearch and i found neoya's wii2hdmi adapter and while it does not bring 1080p (which i was not expecting and no one should) it allowed me to run my wii to my lcd monitor (which has no vga input) superbly. the sound and the video come out great and it has the option to add external speakers with a 3.5mm jack on the side.

it is a lot nicer than having all these cables around and having to worry about pressing all of those switches on the underside of the vd-w3. great plus no usb slot is necessary either. for 40 bucks its a great alternative and if you have a spare hdmi port i highly recommend it.

review is here

and manufacturers website is here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too