HD remaster of 'Legend of Mana' gets launch trailer

leg of mana.jpg

Launching today on the Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Steam is the HD remaster of Legend of Mana. Square Enix released a short gameplay trailer for the occasion:

In Legend of Mana, players will embark on a journey to find the mystical Mana Tree seen in a dream, only to discover that the world map is empty. Throughout their adventure, they will acquire special artifacts, which can be placed on the map to bring towns and dungeons to life via the unique Land Creation system. Players can also capture eggs and hatch pet monsters to help with battles, and progress through the story in different ways based on the choices they make, offering a more personal and unique gameplay experience.

This HD remaster not only features enhanced visuals but also a rearrangement of selected songs from the original soundtrack as well as the new “Ring Ring Land'' mini-game. In fact, the latter becomes available to the West for the first time.

Legend of Mana is now available digitally for $29.99 on the Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Steam.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought this game. tested it today. can't believe it's so large at 5GBs.
Well, did you expect it to be less than 1GB like a ps1 disc? :P

People did put "SOME" work into enhancing it, plus there is also lack of compression from some devs. :ninja:

the new “Ring Ring Land'' mini-game. In fact, the latter becomes available to the West for the first time.
Wow, a pocket station Japanese exclusive. Funny how they added this to the game, when final fantasy viii remaster on steam had it in 2011 version, but not the 2019 re-release. CRAZY :blink:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed. I read that smash bros. ultimate is 60GBs uncompressed, but it's only 10-12 compressed. I have nearly 160 games on my 1TB micro sd card with about 100GBs left of space.

SaulFemm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this literally a upscaled ps1 game with no additional content or accessibility options? :blink:

This HD remaster not only features enhanced visuals but also a rearrangement of selected songs from the original soundtrack as well as the new “Ring Ring Land'' mini-game. In fact, the latter becomes available to the West for the first time.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't complain I never played the game but I'll add it to my list. This looks like Star Ocean Second Story

well kinda...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of star ocean the second story, that's definitely a game that should be on the switch. first departure is. I haven't beaten it yet, but I think I beat it on the psp, and it's pretty damn short from what I remember (like 10-12 hours).

Reactions: Goku1992A

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of star ocean the second story, that's definitely a game that should be on the switch. first departure is. I haven't beaten it yet, but I think I beat it on the psp, and it's pretty damn short from what I remember (like 10-12 hours).

The switch should be capable of playing all the Star Ocean Games 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 I personally liked 3 the best. 4 was pretty okay (haven't beat it I lost my 40 hour save file smh) and 5 I had bought it but never played it. I don't think Star Ocean is that popular so they are worried the game won't do well.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have star ocean 5 on the ps4. the story is pretty bad in it, like it makes no real sense, but the gameplay is great. I'm not that far in it. once I exploited my system, I stopped playing games on it entirely.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have star ocean 5 on the ps4. the story is pretty bad in it, like it makes no real sense, but the gameplay is great. I'm not that far in it. once I exploited my system, I stopped playing games on it entirely.

I'm not too sure if you played 3 or 4. IMO 3 was the better game and it was my first action RPG game that I ever played on PS2 also probably one of the first games that introduced the trophy system I had beat the game twice that's how much I loved the game. I even bought a physical copy of it on PS2 and I own it on PS4 aswell.

Star Ocean 4 is pretty meh not my favorite game but not a bad game.... it wasn't as interesting as 3. I never played the first two games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was star ocean 4 that had the battle song, "blood on the keys"? I do remember that from the game, but not the story or anything. I beat parts 1, 2, and 3. not sure about 4 and definitely not 5.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Ocean 4 had Edge Maverick it was on the PS3.... then it got rereleased on the PS4. I had bought it when it first came out on PS3 but it wasn't as good as Star Ocean 3.

It reminds me of Assassins' Creed 3 it wasn't as good as Assassins' Creed 2 or Revelations. (Which idk why the Switch doesn't have the Ezio Collection on the switch)

@Sonic Angel Knight
I'm not too sure if Second Evolution or Second Story are identical games but I do know part 2 is on the PSP so idk if they renamed the game entirely or it's a completely different game.

Last edited by Goku1992A,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star ocean Second evolution is on ps3 and ps4 only in japan. I don't think square plans to bring it to the rest of the world just yet. It's been more than 4 years I think.
btw, here's the size of the original game (just downloaded it from somewhere to check):
I'm sure that's the file size of an uncompressed iso. But if it was compressed it would be under 500MB. PS3 and PSP had it on playstation network as a ps1 classic download, and those are compressed eboots.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really not worth it to be honest. The mini-game doesn't add any core value to the story other than to train and care for your pets similar to Tomagochi's concept. The soundtrack rearrangement does sound intriguing, though. I'd love to see someone make a comparison to see what the differences are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night