Hacking HD Issue

Nick™

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, yesterday i began using the Usb loader GX and started to put some games. all the games worked perfectly, it was already formatted to WBFS format, which can't be read by PC.All ok, i turned it off. Today, when i used the USB loader GX Again, it said"You need to format a partition" and i think "WTF, i'll lose all my games" i started to think it was just an accident or anything,then i put all the games again on HD.When i finished, i started to play MOH5. like 2 hours later, i stopped and turned it off. when i use it again, it says the same thing "You need to format a partition". Is it a HD issue? or it's anything with USB loader, or maybe WBFS manager?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
first try a different loader and see if it does the same, it could be the version of GX your using

Nick™

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for aswering. I guess it's not cuz WBFS manager do not recognize any games on the HD,too. Anyway i'll try it. Thanks

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
it depends if your pressing yes to the format question, then WBFS Man wont see any games cause youve formated it.

how have you partitioned the drive and what file system are you using?

if you using the actual WBFS Manager 3.0 when im guessing it WBFS, when making the partition you need to format it to FAT32 first then to WBFS using the Manager or a loader, any other methods may cause problems eg. NTFS then WBFS

Nick™

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For the first time i formatted it on wii, then i got this issue. i formatted it on WBFS Manager too later,and put the games. i started playing, and when i reseted the wii, it says i need to format it again
Edit:
Yes, i formatted it from NTFS to WBFS, cuz i tryied to format it to FAT16 or FAT32, and it says the Hard drive is too big to format it to FAT, so the only option left i have got was from NTFS to WBFS.I'm only testing this hard drive, it has only 40GB capacity, i'll buy a new one.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i think i know the problem

u must be using a recent version of GX what supports FAT32/NTFS partitions, so when it boots it cant find a FAT32 partition to write the USB:/wbfs/ folder to.

when you finally get into GX, go to the global settings, and where it says parttion select WBFS and not FAT1 so when GX loads from then on it searches for the WBFS file system and not the FAT32 one

Nick™ said:
Yes, i formatted it from NTFS to WBFS, cuz i tryied to format it to FAT16 or FAT32, and it says the Hard drive is too big to format it to FAT, so the only option left i have got was from NTFS to WBFS.I'm only testing this hard drive, it has only 40GB capacity, i'll buy a new one.

use a partition manager if you dont know how to do it in windows thats the only way you can make a larger partition

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
most likely if it wont let you past the format screen or manually change the setting in the config file on the sd but im guessing you wont no how to do that at this stage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH