Homebrew HBLauncher cia crash

toto9992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, I got a problem with the cia that can boot HBLauncher :

- When my boot.3dsx is HBLauncher anD I launch the cia, it crashes and my 3DS tells me that it must reboot.

- When my boot.3dsx is ctrboot for instance and I use the cia, it works properly.

Any idea ?

toto9992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you edited any of the payloads?

Can you show a pic of your sd root?

67410005b9.png

That's my SD root.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try renaming bootHBL.3dsx to brew.3dsx. Then open the hblauncher payload in a hex editor or whatever and replace all instances of boot.3dsx with brew.3dsx.

NoThisIsStupider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try renaming bootHBL.3dsx to brew.3dsx. Then open the hblauncher payload in a hex editor or whatever and replace all instances of boot.3dsx with brew.3dsx.
Actually, edit the menuhax payload. The hblauncher_loader payload often crashes with any modification, but menuhax won't have a problem. As long as the edited payload is set to load a file of equal filename to the original value (4 characters + .3dsx), you should be good.

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
I have this problem or boo ing HB launcher on emunand as well and my SD card looks the same as that posted damn I need a hex editor lol

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, edit the menuhax payload. The hblauncher_loader payload often crashes with any modification, but menuhax won't have a problem. As long as the edited payload is set to load a file of equal filename to the original value (4 characters + .3dsx), you should be good.
Doing it that way will cause problems with rxtools. Much less hassle to leave rxtools booting from boot.3dsx and change the homwbrew launcher.

NoThisIsStupider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have this problem or boo ing HB launcher on emunand as well and my SD card looks the same as that posted damn I need a hex editor lol
Actually, notepad++ (and probably notepad) works too. The filename is stored as normal characters, so as long as you don't mess with anything else, your good. Just open it in notepad, ctrl+f and type "boot.3dsx", and then edit the filename to one of equal length (e.g. booo.3dsx, 1234.3dsx, etc, but not 12345.3dsx, 5char.3dsx, etc.)

Edit: in reply to the guy above, are you using bootctr to redirect it? It works perfectly fine on my 3ds with menuhax configured to open bootctr which loads rxtools, and hblaucher_loader loading grid launcher directly.

Last edited by NoThisIsStupider,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Delete hblauncher and try and again. Possibly a bad cia install?

Try this one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, I've just re-read your original post and it's not that clear to me what exactly you're trying to do?

Are you trying to autoboot into rxtools/emunand or homebrew launcher? And which cia is causing the error?

Attachments

• hblauncher_loader.rar
    437.6 KB · Views: 201

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using ctrboot manager,for me I want to auto boot into rxtools then use the CIA to load HBl from my emunand similar to HBO on the Wii works

Last edited by kingraa777,

toto9992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Delete hblauncher and try and again. Possibly a bad cia install?

Try this one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, I've just re-read your original post and it's not that clear to me what exactly you're trying to do?

Are you trying to autoboot into rxtools/emunand or homebrew launcher? And which cia is causing the error?

I'm trying to Autoboot into crtboot manager, which leads me to boot on rxTools, then I want to be able to go on hombrew menu from my emuNand.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you start the cia from emunand, do you get a bunch of white text on screen first or the error to reboot right away?

If it's after the white text, then try holding Y when you start the cia. If the error is right away, try deleting and re-installing the hblauncher_loader.cia

toto9992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you start the cia from emunand, do you get a bunch of white text on screen first or the error to reboot right away?

If it's after the white text, then try holding Y when you start the cia. If the error is right away, try deleting and re-installing the hblauncher_loader.cia

I get the text, i'll try holding Y.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is a strange one. The only other thing I can think to suggest is to add an entry to ctrbootmanager for hbl and do it as a dual boot instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night