Homebrew HBL Wont load without GamePad turned on?

Stalls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my Gamepad is broken and I cant run Loadiine or HBL b/c i cant open mii maker with just a wiimote.
I keep getting FSGetMountSource failed (SD Card Error) which im guessing is because the app hasnt loaded.
Is there a way around this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it's possible.
Smash has SD access, so it will grand SD access to HBL. I don't know what other function HBL is dependent from Miimaker.
also, not every one has SSBB installed (not as disc).

that's an interesting idea to test, but I don't know what it could provide that Miimaker doesn't.

You don't need to run MiiMaker manually, HBL is automatically launched from the internet browser.

FSGetMountSource failed is an error related to the SD card. Not to miimaker.
it means HBL (or the exploit trying to mount the SD to launch HBL elf) couldn't mount your SD card. try another card. or reformat it.

Stalls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's possible.
Smash has SD access, so it will grand SD access to HBL. I don't know what other function HBL is dependent from Miimaker.
also, not every one has SSBB installed (not as disc).

that's an interesting idea to test, but I don't know what it could provide that Miimaker doesn't.

You don't need to run MiiMaker manually, HBL is automatically launched from the internet browser.

FSGetMountSource failed is an error related to the SD card. Not to miimaker.
it means HBL (or the exploit trying to mount the SD to launch HBL elf) couldn't mount your SD card. try another card. or reformat it.

I tried a different card and it didnt work. i will try reformatting it.
And the HBL exploit launches Mii Maker in order to get SD access, so it prompts me to turn the gamepad on. so when i press cancel, i get FSGetMountSource failed.
And because Mii Maker wasn't actually launched to access my SD card, it wont launch Homebrew Channel.
So I need a workaround for that.
Maybe an exploit that tricks the Wii U into thinking the Gamepad is turned on.

Last edited by Stalls,
D

Deleted User

I tried a different card and it didnt work. i will try reformatting it.
And the HBL exploit launches Mii Maker in order to get SD access, so it prompts me to turn the gamepad on. so when i press cancel, i get FSGetMountSource failed.
And because Mii Maker wasn't actually launched to access my SD card, it wont launch Homebrew Channel.
So I need a workaround for that.
Maybe an exploit that tricks the Wii U into thinking the Gamepad is turned on.
This would probably have to be done using CFW, luckily the CFW can be booted (I think) directly from Browserhax, bypassing the need for HBL entirely. :)

D

Deleted User

Do I need to use elfloader? Cuz I cant get that to work for some reason.
elfloader won't boot HBL software. Software built for the HBL environment relies of the memory space set aside by console when Mii Maker is launched, and sadly would have to be ported to the Browserhax environment.

This probably isn't needed to run the CFW launcher, but it still needs to be ported to the Browserhax environment nonetheless.
I'm not the one to do this, though, I don't have a compatible SD Card to test it with.

Stalls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elfloader won't boot HBL software. Software built for the HBL environment relies of the memory space set aside by console when Mii Maker is launched, and sadly would have to be ported to the Browserhax environment.

This probably isn't needed to run the CFW launcher, but it still needs to be ported to the Browserhax environment nonetheless.
I'm not the one to do this, though, I don't have a compatible SD Card to test it with.
Alright, so I could stop trying to get ELF Loader to work anyways XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1